GT86Bob

France and Spain Roadtrip

Sounds good, Bob, must admit, I've never been that way. The magnetic pull of the Alps, Italy and German autobahns always seems to have me wanting to turn left after the chunnel! 

Looks like it will be a nice trip though. I too just love to hit the road, the trip is part of the holiday for me, nothing like having a nice open road in front of you. :)

The Pyrenees are great. Worth a lap of the Tourmalet if you're near - the South side is a cracking drive.

Yes we went over the top a couple if years ago in an S2000. Fantastic. But this we're skirting around them to make time to the Picos de Europa where we've never been. Great driving roads according to pistonheads forums.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Picos are superb. Apart from the driving, the cable car up to one of the peaks and then the walk down is well worthwhile...

But I love it there, it's like the greatest hits of the Pyrenees, Alps and Dolomites in what is a relatively small area. Coast there is nice too. Like a much warmer Cornwall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back.  The car has been phenomenal. Really fun to drive (glad I changed the manifold and had it remapped), eminently practical  and very comfortable and it got a lot of attention wherever we went. We only saw one other GT86/BRZ  on the whole trip and that was a red one coming out of Kidderminster on Day 1.  It needs a good clean now inside and out and of course some major bodywork. We did 2,700 miles and averaged 36.5 mpg, which is quite good for a sports car I think.  Next trip is to the Belgian Grand Prix in August but before that, and before a visit to the body shop, I have two more hillclimb events at Loton Park next weekend. Lots more photos like this one on my blog https://beambreaking.wordpress.com/

Was a shame I had to miss today's TSS event but hope to rejoin soon.

Cheers
Bob

9.jpg

Read your blog, Bob. Looks like a really good trip. Well apart from whoever drove into you. Hope it's not too bad to get repaired, but it is a tricky area. 

The car is great for Euro trips isn't it? I'm embarking on my fourth Euro jaunt in mine next month. Can't wait to hit that autobahn. :)

Oh dear :-(.

To make you feel better - many years ago I reversed my 4 day old Ford Puma into a Cornish cottage on our first road trip... so you are not alone...

Also - my 86 got clouted on that corner (not my fault this time) and they fixed it all fine...

Glad it didn't spoil the holiday though... Looks fantastic. Must go back to Potes - we loved camping there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk