Sign in to follow this  
celicaboy

Euro Car Parts - Petronas Oil (too good to be true)

1 hour ago, Fenhopper said:

I think that's the right attitude zhuonanli, no point in getting wound up about it, just got to laugh really. I'll be doing the same, just order some more so I've got enough for the next service.

Yeah man, to be honest I can complaint too much coz I am getting 4 liters of oil for 20 quid. it is still a discount anyway

7 hours ago, maurice said:

Just got off the phone to them, they're claiming we ordered the wrong product while acknowledging we ordered 5 litres. Wouldn't sort it out.

No response from them yet but mine will be that the product I ordered, and have a copy of, clearly shows 5 ltrs not 1. 

This is not the first time ecp/c4p have not responded the way they should. I had a battery delivered that had clearly been laid on its side somewhere. The foam packaging smelt of acid and the two boxes (one inside t'other) were both damp ... and 5ltr of coolant arrived with 1/3 of the liquid in the sealed plastic bag not the bottle inside that!

There are words ........ ;-)

Hi' all,    I guess me initially starting off this thread entitled, "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE"  was quite apt in the end. OPOLOGIES to all those who are aggrieved having received ONE litre and NOT FIVE litres as the Euro Car Parts offer in their advertisement clearly stated !

I suspect that the Company have chosen NOT to honour their mistake due to the number of orders they had received for the product in question which they sell at around £55 to £60 making it too large a loss for them to carry in their eyes.  HOWEVER, keeping the offer going after they should/ must have realised the error is not as forgivable on the basis the order confirmations/ invoices they emailed out clearly state 'FIVE' litres and they seem to have made no attempt to advise those who had placed orders of their error and instead simply sent out one litre consignments under the illusion that folk somehow would not notice  :o.

Even though £5 a litre it is still a good price for this overall spec of fully synthetic oil, it is not what was advertised, ordered, invoiced and without explanation dispatched, so, :huh: SHAME ON THEM  !!!    

.celicaboy  :mellow:

2 minutes ago, celicaboy said:

Hi' all,    I guess me initially starting off this thread entitled, "TOO GOO TO BE TRUE"  was quite apt in the end. OPOLOGIES to all those who are aggrieved having received ONE litre and NOT FIVE litres as the Euro Car Parts offer in their advertisement clearly stated !

I suspect that the Company have chosen NOT to honour their mistake due to the number of orders they had received for the product in question which they sell at around £55 to £60 making it too large a loss for them to carry in their eyes.  HOWEVER, keeping the offer going after they should/ must have realised the error is not as forgivable on the basis the order confirmations/ invoices they emailed out clearly state 'FIVE' litres and they seem to have made no attempt to advise those who had placed orders of their error and instead simply sent out one litre consignments under the illusion that folk somehow would not notice  :o.

Even though £5 a litre it is still a good price for this overall spec of fully synthetic oil, it is not what was advertised, ordered, invoiced and without explanation dispatched, so, :huh: SHAME ON THEM  !!!    

No need to apologise what so ever! You still got us all cheap oil nearly got us oil at a steal of a price so thanks anyway :) 

2 minutes ago, celicaboy said:

Hi' all,    I guess me initially starting off this thread entitled, "TOO GOO TO BE TRUE"  was quite apt in the end. OPOLOGIES to all those who are aggrieved having received ONE litre and NOT FIVE litres as the Euro Car Parts offer in their advertisement clearly stated !

mine hasn't arrived yet so when my 2 litres arrives who should I complain to first ?

...Cheers Minion :),  I thought that I was going to be hunted down and have my BRZ seized by angry/ irate Forum Members holding one litre bottles of oil in their clenched fists. I even dreamt that I would later regain consciousness only to have my BRZ returned with just 'ONE' litre of oil in its engine and be made to drift it into oblivion until it goes pop in front of you all and then have my membership revoked ,,AND so I hope other forum members share your compassion & thoughts :ph34r: !

.celicaboy

,,,nikndel,  I phoned the "Customer Services" :rolleyes: number shown on the invoice, and no doubt you too will be given a pre prescribed script about an error and then be given the option to return your unwanted albeit actually "misdescribed" order for a refund !

(in my personal opinion and I see that of others too its better to simply buy enough to cover a 'boxer' oil change as the offer is ultimately still quite favourable)  :).

11 minutes ago, celicaboy said:

,,,nikndel,  I phoned the "Customer Services" :rolleyes: number shown on the invoice, and no doubt you too will be given a pre prescribed script about an error and then be given the option to return your unwanted albeit actually "misdescribed" order for a refund !

(in my personal opinion and I see that of others too its better to simply buy enough to cover a 'boxer' oil change as the offer is ultimately still quite favourable)  :).

Ah so they have given us a option I may take it back there is a branch close to where I work but is it still on special offer if I wanted to make up a oil change amount ?

,,,nikndel  ,,,Yeah its still on offer ONLINE (shop prices may differ) shown at £7.69  (ONE litre)  ,,BUT if you insert promotion code, "CRAZY70" at checkout the price reduces to  £5.00  

Carpart4less have responded and asked for pictures of the items delivered ... their reply was:

"Thank you for your email, i do apologise that you have received the wrong parts.
can you please attach photos of the part you have received we will then inform our warehouse"

Bet they still back out ... pictures sent. 

Hi  gazza82 and all,   ,,,its amazing what actions a trader "Carpart4less" will take in order to appear Concerned and Shocked by what could have been viewed as an honest and simple mistake yet they elect to turn into a total farce thus highlighting a level of incompetence.  :angry:

Any 'motor factor' company that cannot tell the difference between a "ONE" litre and a "FIVE" litre container of oil AND requires a "photo" of such in order to so is obviously in need of much more than a photo :lol: !

Of course it would be great if they do honour as well as acknowledging their mistake AND i hope they do :),  I'm just saying that putting up a woeful pretence by asking for photos is a bit of a joke !  gazza82, hopefully you have a photo of the courier and their van making the delivery too so they can also see how the package was delivered and inform the warehouse of that by visual representation also !! 

Let us know how you get on and its fingers crossed for ya'

I included the box in one picture but wasn't around when it was delivered but, according to my son, as the delivery driver walked up our fairly long and steep drive with the package, and showed no signs of fatigue, it wasn't that heavy obviously. (S*d's law said they picked the moment I was on phone to my boss to deliver)

There reply today was "there was a description error on the website" and "we don't have the 5Ltr bottles". I can "return them for a return" which I assume means refund ... 

I'm thinking how to word my "extreme disappointment" and whether they need better checks on their website team ...