Sign in to follow this  
vanko25

OEM Parking sensors problem

Hi all,

I have started to have problems with my sensors in the last few weeks. I bought the car in October so it was cool at the time and had no problems with the sensors during winter time. In the last few weeks though when it was warm like +20 C the problems started. There is a constant beep coming from the controller (fault beep) if I leave the car out in the sun. I have tried to disconnect the controller from the cable and leave it for 30 sec and reconnect but this didn't change anything. I guess that should be covered by warranty, correct me if I am wrong. If it is I'd wait until my next service and let RRG look into it. Although if someone else had that problem and know how to fix it will be appreciated. 

P.S. forgot to mention if I leave the car in the shades for 20 min the problem is gone.

I am sure that if the sensors were fitted at pdi then you are covered for the same as the rest of the car by what you are describing it is either a sensor or wiring fault, if you put the ignition on and in reverse, wet your finger and lightly touch each sensor that should identify the faulty sensor.

@Otintwee haven't taught about that. :D After all they are ultrasonic sensors, I used to test my ultrasonics like that for my final year project at uni. Will do the test when the fault comes on. Thanks!