MartinT

Hello from Basingstoke

Hi All

I currently have a Honda CR-Z with Sprintex supercharger, which is a great car that I've really enjoyed owning and working on.  I recently had it tuned to 190bhp, not bad for a 1.5l hybrid that still gives me 43mpg.  My payments finish next year and I'm planning on buying a BRZ as my next car.  I've joined this forum to start learning what's best to look for in a young used model and how to yield a little more power than standard.

Cheers
Martin

Welcome! (all be it a few months too late)

Are you looking at the facelift BRZ? 

Also for anything exhaust and tuning related I'd give @Mike@TD.co.uk a shout. Plenty of us on here have used him and I haven't heard one bad word against him. Wether it's just a little bit of advice or a full blown turbo kit your looking for I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any of your questions

Thanks, all! Yes, looking at a facelift BRZ demo car with low mileage. I surprise myself by rather liking it in white, I think it accentuates the swooping coupe shape.

I've already dropped Mike a PM on possibly booking him for March or so.

Thanks, Kevin, you're very close and I'll keep that in mind.

Ok, the CR-Z is up for sale and I'm transferring my personal plate off it.  I've priced it keenly so hopefully it'll move fast.  Meanwhile I'm looking at what white facelift BRZs are for sale on Autotrader and there are two manuals.  I'm probably going to take a trip to see one next week.  Exciting!

My first impressions: the BRZ is a grown up sports car. The handling in today's damp conditions was precise and I got the feeling that balancing it in the damp conditions was very controllable. No tail out silliness, just very easy to feel when traction is at its limit.  The way it rides (surprisingly comfortable) and holds the road is impressive.  Steering is well weighted and the gearbox not as notchy as I'd expected.

The big revelation is the engine: what a cracker!  Nowhere near as gutless as some people were claiming, it revs superbly well and makes a fantastic noise.  Overall, it's much quieter than my CR-Z was (with its supercharger and resonated cat-deleted exhaust) which I appreciated today on the A303.  If this is how it is now, what's it going to be like when I get the TD NA package?

Very, very impressed with my first drive and looking forward to my 30 mile commute to work tomorrow.  Going to park it next to my colleague's new white MX-5 :)

I've just installed my Carchet tyre pressure warning system on the BRZ, setting them all to 2.4 bar with a warning at 2.0 bar.

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

Hi Martin, does the BRZ not come with tyre pressure warning? Or was this an upgrade?
James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk