Sign in to follow this  
Deacon

Harry's Lap Timer

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread so of a mod thinks it should be elsewhere feel free to move it!

Anyone else use Harry's Lap Timer?

I'm going to try it out at Blyton Park on Saturday as the data it generates seems really good (although obviously not for directly timing laps as that's not allowed).

It seems pretty complex though and I wondered if anyone had any tips?

3 minutes ago, Ade said:

@Rich196

I've got it installed by yet to give it a try. I get too excited at the track just wanting to get on circuit and drive, I forget to turn on apps on my phone. 

That was my problem at Oulton when I'd meant to try it originally!

Easy or as complex as you like. I use the Rookie version. For me this is the way I use it:

Set it up, by defining the user: enter name and car.

Load the track. This is done by a simple search. Press drive.

This will now take you the timing screen. At the top it will tell you the status. You want it to tell you its ready. This means it has a good GPS lock.

Once it is ready put it in a phone cradle or door pocket out of sight. I put it in the door pocket. Then I forget about it. Don't want to chase lap times and a gravel trap.

During the day or after go to the menu and select analysis or lap list. You can then review you lap times and data from through out the day.

You can get really complicated with logging data from a OBD dongle and over laying video but I dont bother.

1 minute ago, Deacon said:

Cheers @Rich196 that's really helpful.

I did wonder about just door pocketing it arresting the phone while I'm on track - you've not had any problems with the app doing that then?

No I haven't i think you need to leave the screen unlocked though.