Rich196

Post your GT86 / BRZ pic of day!

this is still one of my favourite photos of my car... it went for a warranty repair looking like it did in the second image, the garage gave it a proper detail 'on the house'

23795110_10154908562361646_1229978492674567569_n.jpg

23722737_10154901352221646_1310769419339933017_n.jpg

8 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Rich I was in the Grey GT86 emoji20.png

d8a280edfc24d80f80ef96daf8a5e2c6.jpg

Saw the car but not you at any point! Cant believe you didn't post the pic of it buried up to the axles! :P

Can you get those RX8s to adjust their mirrors and top up the blinker fluid please :P

Here you go and in case you wondering what happened :(

I braked in enough time but the crap Yokohama AD08R's on my car lost traction and then went sailing off the track into the Gravel Pit !!

I now have 5x New Kumho KU39's on order as am fed up going off the track with those crap tyres !! (spare wheel in the boot)

Driven 53 Track Days in the GT86 this was the first time ever I went off the track and had to be rescued :angry: and other times I just been able to drive back on without help :)

XSP_0319 (2).JPG

XSP_0320 (2).JPG

XSP_0321 (2).JPG

XSP_0322 (2).JPG

2 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

I braked in enough time but the crap Yokohama AD08R's on my car lost traction and then went sailing off the track into the Gravel Pit !!

I now have 5x New Kumho KU39's on order as am fed up going off the track with those crap tyres !! (spare wheel in the boot)

Driven 53 Track Days in the GT86 this was the first time ever I went off the track and had to be rescued :angry: 

You're the 1st person I've heard that doesn't like them, I've only heard how good and grippy they are - but do require heat in them. My old AD08s (not Rs) were not good in cold or greasy conditions at all.

2 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Driven 53 Track Days in the GT86 this was the first time ever I went off the track and had to be rescued :angry: and other times I just been able to drive back on without help :)

Shows your trying! Thats the main thing! If you drive home that's the ultimate prize. Wonder if your AD08R's have just been heat cycled to many times and they have gone hard. I was on RSR and they were interesting on the first few sessions but I would say no worse than the MPSS I was on last year.

3 hours ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

XSP_0319 (2).JPG

XSP_0320 (2).JPG

XSP_0321 (2).JPG

XSP_0322 (2).JPG

I've never had any issues with AD08R's or Cup 2's in the dry, wet or damp. 86 or M2. You sure it was't the meat in the seat that was the issue? :P

17 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Yes I drove into the Gravel Pit for the sheer hell of it :angry:

I have always wanted to try RallyX, does look fun.

I'm just saying you might be jumping to conclusions, the track doesn't look that wet in the photos so I presume it wasn't the damp that was the issue (Please feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect). Even if it was, it's a case of driving to the conditions. The AD08R is an excellent tyre and I'm genuinely surprised to hear someone criticise it, let alone replace it with KU39's. If it's a case of heat cycling then surely you'll have that issue with any tyre? If it's a case of just out-braking yourself, from experience no tyre is going to save you from that :lol:

Friend of mine ran AD08Rs on his E46 M3, different car I know... He was unstoppable on track even in the wet. So surprised with your review

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have been having a lot of trouble with these tyres and decided to cut my losses and change them back to Kumho's having had 3 sets of those tyres and no issues while on the track or road use!

Anyway some tyres work and some don't and these simply are crap on my car which is the bottom line as far as I care!!

Back on topic a photo of my car all nice and clean 08d70a101668da650f4c0c01218e3a73.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_A001 using Tapatalk

Hardly driven the car much recently, so just decided to take it for a quick blast up to Allhallows and back to blow away some cobwebs. Sky looking very wintry and moody over the marshes :)

D3adx9M.jpg

8DaZBYO.jpg

0zg0xqB.jpg

After some drift-rallying on mostly gravel & frozen grassy ground.

dirt1.jpg

No wonder that wheels on highway felt slightly "unbalanced" and vibrated a bit. In my defense - wheel weights used in balancing are from natural only eco-materials :)

dirt2.jpg

Seems like a good time to bump this thread in the current climate, with the restrictions going out seems like a good idea to do Covid 19 polishing!

Seems like a good way to view the rafters in the garage 🤔👍

IMG_20200324_171919.jpg

IMG_20200324_163220.jpg