Hi guys,  just wanted to update- The east drivers group has become very popular since the last post and the chat is very active. If you would like an invite then please PM either myself, Ade, Jay or any of the others.  Cheers! 

Primarily for GT86/BRZ owners in the East region (Bedfordshire,Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk).

If you aren't far from the above region and are heavily modified/tracking your car then we most definitely want to hear from you! 

Master list (updated forever ago so this is not complete). 

1. Tim86 - Norwich, Norfolk - Silver Turbo '86

2. Ade - Nr Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire - Red '86

3. Nerdstrike - Cambridge - Red '86

4. Steeps - Central Beds - Blue '86

5. Ulphy86 - Thurrock, Essex - Black '86

6. Ztox - Witham, Essex - Loud '86

7. Cerastes  - ??? - Red '86

8. Willtl - Thurrock, Essex - Blue 'Master Race' BRZ

9. Delirious - Norwich, Norfolk - White '86 Aero

10. Jevvy , Leicester - Black 'Boy Racer' '86 :P

11. Richardcarman - Norwich - Blue BRZ

12. Nikndel - ??? - Red '86

13. GT86Reece - Essex - Grey '86

14. Kosta - ???, ???

15. @GT86Jay - Norwich - Red Supercharged '86

6 hours ago, Steeps said:

They'll also kick you for no reason at all then try and blame it on some other bullshit excuse. Everyone welcome!

Steeps if you are still upset can you drop me another PM please as I thought that we had resolved this already. 

Shitposting is completely unnecessary.

Excuses were made, after I had to PM you to ask why I was removed from the group because at the time you gave no reason for it, then tried to make up reasons as to why I was removed. You tried to put the blame on to 3 other people but then went on to say the 10 admins discuss all issues but no one thought it might be an idea to discuss any potential issues with who it might involve? I said I wasn't interested in coming back because you intentionally invited me to the group to cause discussion then when you got bored I was removed and I'm not the only person this has happened to. It is not a group for all and not everyone is welcome because admins can add and remove people as they see fit, there was no discussion.

I'm not upset, just saying it how it is.

52 minutes ago, Steeps said:

Excuses were made, after I had to PM you to ask why I was removed from the group because at the time you gave no reason for it, then tried to make up reasons as to why I was removed. You tried to put the blame on to 3 other people but then went on to say the 10 admins discuss all issues but no one thought it might be an idea to discuss any potential issues with who it might involve? I said I wasn't interested in coming back because you intentionally invited me to the group to cause discussion then when you got bored I was removed and I'm not the only person this has happened to. It is not a group for all and not everyone is welcome because admins can add and remove people as they see fit, there was no discussion.

I'm not upset, just saying it how it is.

Right, obviously not upset. Becuase if you weren't upset you would still be shitposting in this thread after I explicity told you to PM me. 

1) Yes there were three people who had issues, and no it wasn't an 'excuse'. 

2) You were given full disclosure and offered the courtesy of coming back. 

3) You are publicly repeating issues that I thought we had already resolved via PM.

4) Please enjoy your Sunday evening and do something productive. 

1) 3 people supposedly had issues, but no one told me, or thought to ask me, or at least discussed it with me to try and work it out. Considering you keep insisting on PM'ing you my issues no one thought to PM me their issues, instead I was just banned by you.

2) I was not given full disclosure, I had to PM you to ask you why I was banned, you were not forthcoming with the information and tried to blame it on my location even though I am listed in this very thread as being in the area, then blamed the 3 other members, then went on to say all decisions are for the 10 admins of the group but you managed all this in a night. I was only offered the invitation back into the group if I begged for someone else to let me in, you didn't offer it.

3) It was discussed by PM, like it should have been before you acted, again I had to ask because nothing else was mentioned. All I'm doing is highlighting to other potential members that the group isn't as friendly as you're making it out to be and might be kicked with no warning or reason.

4) I'm waiting for server backups to restore so I get a few minutes every so often to read/post. More than happy to keep on posting  :)

2 hours ago, Steeps said:

1) 3 people supposedly had issues, but no one told me, or thought to ask me, or at least discussed it with me to try and work it out. Considering you keep insisting on PM'ing you my issues no one thought to PM me their issues, instead I was just banned by you.

2) I was not given full disclosure, I had to PM you to ask you why I was banned, you were not forthcoming with the information and tried to blame it on my location even though I am listed in this very thread as being in the area, then blamed the 3 other members, then went on to say all decisions are for the 10 admins of the group but you managed all this in a night. I was only offered the invitation back into the group if I begged for someone else to let me in, you didn't offer it.

3) It was discussed by PM, like it should have been before you acted, again I had to ask because nothing else was mentioned. All I'm doing is highlighting to other potential members that the group isn't as friendly as you're making it out to be and might be kicked with no warning or reason.

4) I'm waiting for server backups to restore so I get a few minutes every so often to read/post. More than happy to keep on posting  :)

A removal is not a ban, there was an initial reason which has been explained. 

I initially thought you weren't from the east that was resolved in our later discussion. 

4) I'd rather you didn't. 

Sorry that you are still upset. If there is anything constructive that you would like me to do then just ask, but not on this thread. It's not constructive for either of us. 

Welcome Deacon and Minion to the group! About 20 of us so far. I'll get around to doing an up to date list asap. 

You mean your bullying behavior about other members in whatsapp, but because this is an open forum that you can't control you don't like it?

Those 3 people who supposedly had an issue with me were right to call me an issue, because I don't take too kindly to being bullied or lied to.

You intentionally invited me to the group at that time to cause drama for your entertainment then kicked me out when you didn't get it and you were done. No discussion. Just warning other users who wish to join that this is what happens.

3 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I don't condone it either way, but seeing as I have no clue what has happened, how can I possibly comment? 

Fair enough. Well I'm tempted to delete this thread because after countless attempts to resolve this peacefully it looks like there's no other option. 

I don't think it's worth peoples time to read through negative argumentative posts. 

1 hour ago, Steeps said:

Countless? 1 PM, 1 reply to said PM, then what can be seen in this thread... would hardly call that countless.

Interesting to see that you didn't reply to my last PM but as soon as i posted on here you didn't hesitate to stir the pot. 

I'm going to reserve judgement as i don't know you personally and i know better than to get into these kinds of debates on a public forum.

Bullying is a strong accusation. Listening to others concerns and provisionally removing you to avoid friction is not bullying. 

At the end of the day mate you were offered resolution and you are still throwing your toys out pram.. Come on! 

Hopefully you will eventually realise that there are better ways to deal with this and if you genuinely have good intentions then let me know outside the bounds of this thread and we will make sure that you aren't left feeling bitterness or resentment. 

For anyone else who has had to read though this I apologise! 

Yes, I didn't reply to the last PM because your final words to me was to ask someone else if I wanted to be re-added which means you clearly didn't want me there or you would have done it yourself. It was you who booted me so it was your issue with me being in the group otherwise someone else would have done it sooner. My comment in this post was just to warn others that they could be booted at any time as your PM to me also mentioned you'd done it to others and I wasn't the only one.

You took an issue with my post very quickly and also posted in this thread instead of taking it to PM like you keep asking me to. You say you know better yet still you posted?

I do have better things to do with my time including editing a fluffload of photos, but unfortunately I'm working right now rebuilding some servers that I need online for this week and I get a short break every so often waiting for a compile/reboot/restore.

On 29/10/2017 at 8:13 PM, Steeps said:

Yes, I didn't reply to the last PM because your final words to me was to ask someone else if I wanted to be re-added which means you clearly didn't want me there or you would have done it yourself. It was you who booted me so it was your issue with me being in the group otherwise someone else would have done it sooner. My comment in this post was just to warn others that they could be booted at any time as your PM to me also mentioned you'd done it to others and I wasn't the only one.

You took an issue with my post very quickly and also posted in this thread instead of taking it to PM like you keep asking me to. You say you know better yet still you posted?

I do have better things to do with my time including editing a fluffload of photos, but unfortunately I'm working right now rebuilding some servers that I need online for this week and I get a short break every so often waiting for a compile/reboot/restore.

My 'immediate issue' is with you spoiling the fun for everybody else and making the group look bad in this thread. 

Ironically you were removed due to concerns about your argumentative nature on the forums in the past, which you are displaying once again today. This was 100% coming other from members of the group and not initially myself. 

There genuinely was three people who expressed their opinions and i was acting on their behalf. And no i will not disclose their names as that would cause more unnecessary drama. My opinion of you was indifferent, and I told the group that anyone is welcome to re-dd you. I have screenshot proof so please think before attacking me personally. 

And yes I said that to you because i'd already dealt with enough drama that day and I had to go to work. Why should I have to deal with everything myself!? 

I sent the last PM so you are free to reply at any time instead of two weeks later on a public forum post. In the meantime I will not have the group put on blast publicly because of one persons concerns which could have easily been resolved by now.  

But it takes at least 2 to argue and the other person this time is you even though this is supposedly against your better judgement... so are you going to kick yourself from the group too because you are arguing and could be an issue? You've kicked other people from the group so maybe you are the issue rather than them?

The group does look bad if you boot people before they are settled for your own enjoyment, or if the opinions of 3 people outweigh the majority of the participants, or one admin can over-rule the other 9 when everything is supposedly discussed. The funny thing is the one person who I thought might have had an issue with me being there (once I saw the list in the group) actually apologised for your actions in PM and didn't expect you to do that.

This could have been resolved at the time as I said by actually talking to me instead of going straight to the kick button, but straight away after my post on this thread you went on the offense instead of PM, again for someone so determined to take this private you've made no attempt to do so, which means you want this argument to be public in an attempt to justify your actions.

19 minutes ago, Steeps said:

But it takes at least 2 to argue and the other person this time is you even though this is supposedly against your better judgement... so are you going to kick yourself from the group too because you are arguing and could be an issue? You've kicked other people from the group so maybe you are the issue rather than them?

The group does look bad if you boot people before they are settled for your own enjoyment, or if the opinions of 3 people outweigh the majority of the participants, or one admin can over-rule the other 9 when everything is supposedly discussed. The funny thing is the one person who I thought might have had an issue with me being there (once I saw the list in the group) actually apologised for your actions in PM and didn't expect you to do that.

This could have been resolved at the time as I said by actually talking to me instead of going straight to the kick button, but straight away after my post on this thread you went on the offense instead of PM, again for someone so determined to take this private you've made no attempt to do so, which means you want this argument to be public in an attempt to justify your actions.

I've already offered a resolution in private. I was the last person to PM and the ball was always in your court. Instead you never chose to reply and now you are back on the offensive two weeks later and on a public post?

Come on Steeps mate. 

I'm not the one on the offensive. If as you say it takes two to argue then I'm checking out of this public conversation before it does actually become an argument. 

1 hour ago, TTR said:

giphy.gif

6F12F667-9070-4DF8-A6C6-A0433CEE8CB4.png

i Think if this was all handled without the dramatic flair of a pubescent playwrite. We would all be far better off. Also as much as I love you steeps don’t hide behind the you might get kicked card when really what you mean is. “I’m still upset” when no one has any bad will towards you or cares if you are in or not. In fact everyone would definitely rather we all got on and you were included but this repetitive behaviour leads people to the conclusion that you are the kindling that creates these dramatic popcorn moments as people have seemed to coin them. I’m just sad no one will but my poo because they think I’m some booky guy. If peoples crazy allegations were right you’d have ruined my livelyhood steeps. Attack Lucas instead he’s the kingpin now. Oh and I bet he makes a profit on almost some of the stuff he sells the *git* 😂😂 

1 hour ago, Tim86 said:

I've already offered a resolution in private. I was the last person to PM and the ball was always in your court. Instead you never chose to reply and now you are back on the offensive two weeks later and on a public post?

Come on Steeps mate. 

I'm not the one on the offensive. If as you say it takes two to argue then I'm checking out of this public conversation before it does actually become an argument. 

The only resolution offered was to ask someone else, which means you were still not happy with me being there. Why would I ask someone else to join again when you would still kick me for the same reason? You could have resolved that but chose not to and for someone wanting to avoid this becoming an argument, that happened when the arguments became numbered. You actually continued to insult me in your first PM to me after kicking me out when I asked what happened and why. I spoke to Jev in PM, I apologised to him for our argument, it got sorted. He reached out when he didn't have to and I respect him for it and I moved on from it. I made one snipe at the group and straight away in one post I'm accused of shitposting when that was my experience of the group.

Steeps I have apologised on several accounts already but to re-iterate I apologise that you weren't given the reason for your removal immediately after said removal. I was genuinely sleeping as im a late riser and work nights but we did speak later in the day! 

All the reasons have been given, and we have gone further into detail today so hopefully over time there are no hard feelings and we can treat this as a misunderstanding.

Sometimes you can't please everybody but I'm trying my best. 

This is a group run by no one Individual and the 'ask someone else' was simply a case of me having a very busy day personally and having already taken a fair bit of time on the subject myself. 

11 hours ago, rob275 said:

Why the hell do you have 10 admins for such a small group? That's barmy. 

Founding members. Also splitting the responsibility as it's a group effort, it's a 24 hour job keeping Jevvy in check.

Plus at the rate the group is growing there will be plenty enough members to justify this ;)