jevvy

Tyre pressure monitoring system

I've fitted new wheels and the pressure monitoring system cokes on sporadically how exactly to I set it I tried simply pressing the button and also holding it for a couple seconds, can't find anything about this online please help anyone with experience! 

These monitoring systems are notoriously finicky. Sometimes they care which corner of the car they're fitted to, sometimes they just act up, and sometimes there's a real puncture that they successfully identify.

Rather you than me!

Just going through this with my 2016 BRZ. I believe the valves have to be registered to the car but I don't even think Subaru dealers know much about it. I had mine at the dealer and they said they had sorted it, charged me £50 and 10mins down the road the light was back on!

Funny thing is if I park my car in the garage next to the original wheels it is fine the next morning but comes on again after about 10mins. Will probably just end up ignoring the light and swap the valves over when I need a new set of tyres, at least there is no audible warning like some cars.

so i have to swap the valves over from my old wheels? the light for me still comes on and off as I drive. so what does the button actualy do? haha

14 hours ago, CTolly said:

Just going through this with my 2016 BRZ. I believe the valves have to be registered to the car but I don't even think Subaru dealers know much about it. I had mine at the dealer and they said they had sorted it, charged me £50 and 10mins down the road the light was back on!

Funny thing is if I park my car in the garage next to the original wheels it is fine the next morning but comes on again after about 10mins. Will probably just end up ignoring the light and swap the valves over when I need a new set of tyres, at least there is no audible warning like some cars.

The button just resets the TPMS to work with the current pressures in the tyres I believe, but if you haven't got the sensors in your wheels then it won't do anything.

I didn't bother with them when I changed my wheels, way too much hassle. I just live with the light on the dash and will worry about it come MOT time. Or not... :P

When I upgraded to my speedline alloys I had the valves swapped from the oem wheels to the new wheels and it worked fine. We kept the valves all in the same position although I don't think our system is that advanced to say which wheel is causing the issue as there is only a single warning light so it probably wouldnt matter. I think oe wheel pressure is 35psi on both 17 and 18 inch wheels

Hi, you can get the dealer to program in a second set as well as the originals all you need is the codes from each sensor, on a side note the ecu will pick them up irrespective of where they are mounted on the car.

I've just fitted new alloys and the dreaded TPMS light has come on.  I see that I can order replacement sensors but how they're paired with the ECU I cannot work out.  There's also the huge hassle of having the tyres removed to install them, so it would be natural to wait for when new tyres are required.

Is it possible to disable the warning light come MOT time?

I see that I can get a replacement set of sensors from Amazon here:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073QLP1KM/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1BBY3N1E9DBJ5&colid=26S5ZKB07Z4DC&psc=0
Question is, do I still need to get them programmed by a dealer after installation?
They will need to be reprogrammed. I had OEM sensors that weren't programmed for my car, I made 2 trips to the dealer and they didn't have a clue how to sort it out. In the end I went to a decent tyre fitter and they got it done easily

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk