GT-Eighty-Chris

GT-Eighty-Chris' Build

High flow cat pipe from cobra has arrived. Will be fitting it this weekend all things equal so will get a video as soon as possible! 

Got a few more bits of bling to add to the engine bay to so picture coming but for now just quickly fitted this today, Mishimoto black chrome gear shifter.

I just need something to cover that white plastic bit the reverse cap goes over.  

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2185.JPG

A few minor things today. An oil and filter change to get the red TRD filter placed and removal of the sound tubing. Once I have a spare moment I'll have the high flow pipe in place and the blue lightweight water pump and alternator in place. 

IMG_2232.JPG

IMG_2228.JPG

On 16/07/2017 at 9:33 AM, Bfranklyn86 said:

How are you finding that cobra 4-1 manifold? 

It's quite well priced compared to many manifolds, and U.K. made.

And, does it give the UEL or EL sound..... I would expect more EL.

It has a very nice rumble to it. Will have to get a video. 

Im having a few rattle problems and buzzing noises but I'm in talks with cobra to get it sorted 

Big week for the car. 

Monday seeing if I can fix the rattling and buzz from the exhaust myself

Wednesday driving up to Sheffield to have Cobra fix the exhaust 

Thursday remap with Horsham Developments (ECUTEK) 

Friday window tints!  

Sunday beging a five day Europe road trip! 

Exciting stuff :)

I don't think many have tried Horsham Developments, let us know how you get on. They did some work on my brothers 350Z, no complaints from him. 

Although little confused with your Monday and Wednesday plan, you're going to fix the exhaust on Monday and then get Cobra to fix the exhaust on Wednesday? or am I reading that wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Exciting stuff :)

I don't think many have tried Horsham Developments, let us know how you get on. They did some work on my brothers 350Z, no complaints from him. 

Although little confused with your Monday and Wednesday plan, you're going to fix the exhaust on Monday and then get Cobra to fix the exhaust on Wednesday? or am I reading that wrong? 

The key word is 'try' ! We think we've fitted correctly but the guy who fitted it wants to see if he can save me a trip to Sheffield so is looking at it Monday. I may still go any way just so they can confirm all is well if I do manage to fix it. 

Tints are with AutoAsylum who are chargin. £165 all in and I choose the shade when I arrive. HD are charging £549 including the ECUTEK licence and a duno before and after the custom map. 

Just in case people were thinking about this too 

39 minutes ago, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

The key word is 'try' ! We think we've fitted correctly but the guy who fitted it wants to see if he can save me a trip to Sheffield so is looking at it Monday. I may still go any way just so they can confirm all is well if I do manage to fix it. 

Tints are with AutoAsylum who are chargin. £165 all in and I choose the shade when I arrive. HD are charging £549 including the ECUTEK licence and a duno before and after the custom map. 

Just in case people were thinking about this too 

Which windows you having tinted? as mine was £120 for the 3 rear windows. 

I think £549 is about the same as others. Fensport website is saying £528 and that's without dyno runs. 

Jez at Horsham has superb feedback on the 350z platform, I've not heard a single negative comment in my years over there. Looking forward to hearing how you get on and seeing some charts. 

2 hours ago, Stutopia said:

Jez at Horsham has superb feedback on the 350z platform, I've not heard a single negative comment in my years over there. Looking forward to hearing how you get on and seeing some charts. 

Yes he was saying on the phone when I booked that a lot of these cars as stock at actually around 195bhp and are tuned to a real 205bhp. It's all relative though the feeling is still the same. 

Im really looking forward to seeing if my intake kit and Cobra exhaust system including manifold have done anything to the stock bhp. I'll report back in a frenzy on Thursday I'm sure 😂

4 hours ago, Cerastes said:

Which windows you having tinted? as mine was £120 for the 3 rear windows. 

I think £549 is about the same as others. Fensport website is saying £528 and that's without dyno runs. 

The rear three. He is doing me a deal through contacts I know but that was the RPP before he did that. Get to choose the shade when I get there 

Okay, so if you go to my instagram I've uploaded a video of my exhaust. It's better through speakers: www.instagram.com/cjkilworth 

Firstly, the exhaust is fixed and sounding superb, fantastic service from Cobra Sport! 

Secondly, the remap is done. Wow! What was interesting is they said every stock GT86 dyno's at 180bhp and their turbo charged one was 178bhp when they got it. My first dyno run was 195bhp and they remapped to an easy 204.7 ironing out the torque dip and give me a few modes including launch control. More info on my instagram ^. All work done my Horsham Developments who were phenomenal and knew their stuff! 

Thirdly, windows tinted by Auto Asylum in Swindon and they incredible, really tidied up the car! 

IMG_2553.JPG

1 hour ago, Stutopia said:

This isn't helping my not modding policy. Sounds like you're all set to get the most out her, for now... :)

Yes she should be complete for a while now...

... although some of these steering wheels look good...

Okay so! 

The engine bay was making the famous cricket noises so Fish Brothers Swindon replaced the fuel pump under warranty and is all fixed. Someone reversed into my front wing so £350 later I have a new one painted and fitted. 

Previous owner put lowering springs on which - despite the ride - I love however I lost a fight to a curb so my front bumper is being resprayed next week too.

Red brake callipers, lightweight pulleys, and a surprise all to come!  

Finally, my car is on the Cobra Sport stand 1st October at Silverstone so if any of you are there say hi!