GT-Eighty-Chris

GT-Eighty-Chris' Build

Feel free to ignore this/contribute to this. Will certainly stop me clogging up other areas with my endless questions! 

Here are some pictures from the day I collected it 17/04/17 (coincidentally two days before its second birthday!)

GT86.jpg

GT86 Rear.jpg

EDIT

Below are all modifications to date. I will keep this updated as I go:

-Blitz Suction Kit

-K&N Panel Filter

-Delete sound pipe

-Cobra Exhaust including de-cat manifold and high flow cat pipe

-Valenti smoked rear light and rear fog light

-Lowering springs

-TRD Filler Caps

-Mishimoto black chrome gear stick 

-Remap

-Window Tints

-Lightweight Alternator and Water Pump Pulley (Blue)

Just remembered from that picture i put the scion badges on instead because I thought they were pretty and now everytime I park up I get like 5 people walk past staring at the badge as if there was a really interesting shit on the floor in front of my car

I was going to say that would've been quick progress on the tuning!

How long until you change the wheels? That seemed to me like the next obvious step after taillights :D

I'm not sure on the wheels. So many out there and if you are going to do it properly from what I've seen it's quite costly. 

What also comes ones with new wheels is tyres and I would want good tyres. Any recommendations? I would want black or anthracite ones 

42 minutes ago, Igi said:

I was going to say that would've been quick progress on the tuning!

How long until you change the wheels? That seemed to me like the next obvious step after taillights :D

4 hours ago, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

I'm not sure on the wheels. So many out there and if you are going to do it properly from what I've seen it's quite costly. 

What also comes ones with new wheels is tyres and I would want good tyres. Any recommendations? I would want black or anthracite ones 

my motto is always second hand someone was selling a pair of bronze japanese racing wheels for like £400 with rubber which probably means your paying half for tyres half for the rims which is an insane deal and i think theyre still for sale. Failing that id make a wanted post and see what people have got!

You can barely see it in the bottom picture! The back is starting to vet too dark though? Was thinking of getting some blue in somewhere if anyone has any suggestions?  (brake calipers, black and blue spoiler..)

IMG_20170503_180510.jpg

DSC_0633.JPG

On 2017-4-27 at 11:09 AM, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

Work wheels tend to be the best priced of the JDM lot. Well, the Work Emotion series anyway. Tyres wise... Pilot Sport 4's are the absolute nuts, wouldn't recommend anything else for road use. You pay a premium for them over most brands, but 100% worth it imo!  

On 27/04/2017 at 11:09 AM, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

I've gone through the same do I don't I get some wheels phase as you....

Would like to save I sprung weight, would like some more grip, but don't really want the aftermarket look.

In the end I've gone for some new PS4s on my stock wheels to see if this solves the grip issue. Got my first track day on them tomorrow.

Finally got the K and N Panel Filter fitted and Blitz Induction Pipe. Noise difference is lush and noticeable, deeper and louder growl and you can hear that breathing/rushing from the filter more. 

And it looks fit. 

I might remove the noise piping though as the Cobra Performance Exhaust (including manifold) gets fitted tomorrow. 

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1478.JPG

IMG_1582.JPG

Yesterday, the brand new Cobra Sport exhaust including manifold was fitted to the car. Said I bought an un-equal manifold but my technician assures me an equal has arrived (better for performance so I prefer that) and there was no decat pipe despite buying a cat back non resonated system. Not sure if that's normal or not but had to use the original pipe with a picture below. I'll call them tomorrow. 

The result? Fucking loud! 

I'm at Worcester Piston Heads meet tonight and the Faringdon GT86 meet. Need to do a dyno and remap at some point to see the new BHP and the remapped one. 

1 hour ago, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

Yesterday, the brand new Cobra Sport exhaust including manifold was fitted to the car. Said I bought an un-equal manifold but my technician assures me an equal has arrived (better for performance so I prefer that) and there was no decat pipe despite buying a cat back non resonated system. Not sure if that's normal or not but had to use the original pipe with a picture below. I'll call them tomorrow. 

The result? Fucking loud! 

I'm at Worcester Piston Heads meet tonight and the Faringdon GT86 meet. Need to do a dyno and remap at some point to see the new BHP and the remapped one. 

You have to buy the decat pipe separately, the cat back is from the second cat back - res or non res just replaces the centre resonator. If you do get the cat replacement pipe too it'll be even louder.

5 hours ago, GT-Eighty-Chris said:

Said I bought an un-equal manifold but my technician assures me an equal has arrived

They say it's a UEL but looks EL. I guess it's due to it being not exactly equal length however identical designed manifolds are sold as equal length ;) Imagine how loud it would be if you'd bought the full system.

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:46 PM, Deacon said:

You have to buy the decat pipe separately, the cat back is from the second cat back - res or non res just replaces the centre resonator. If you do get the cat replacement pipe too it'll be even louder.

Thanks for that! I'll be purchasing the high flow cat pipe to complete the system

On ‎18‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:59 PM, knightryder said:

They say it's a UEL but looks EL. I guess it's due to it being not exactly equal length however identical designed manifolds are sold as equal length ;) Imagine how loud it would be if you'd bought the full system.

Yeah it's an odd one but I'm loving the noise and the slight increase in performance (I say slight because there MUST be placebo and confirmation bias there too!)

A video clip is definitely a must!

I'm interested to find how you're finding that intake sound difference now that you've had the exhaust changed, I've been considering a different induction pipe myself and my K&N filter is patiently awaiting an install...

On 20/06/2017 at 1:59 PM, Igi said:

A video clip is definitely a must!

I'm interested to find how you're finding that intake sound difference now that you've had the exhaust changed, I've been considering a different induction pipe myself and my K&N filter is patiently awaiting an install...

The high flow cat pipe from cobra arrived Today so I'll do a video when that is installed. 

Can't hear the induction anymore. Although I could feel the increase in pick up when it was installed, the eargasm that is my Cobra exhaust has drowned out induction noise. Another big post update to come made up by lots of little bits including the removal of the sound tubes. 

It sounds wonderful though! Cold starts are awkward as I live in a built up area but I secretly love that as well! 

Fottong the k and n filter takes five minutes and I'd hugely recommend it!