Sign in to follow this  
Cerastes

Selling a car on eBay

Hi, 

Has anyone sold a car on eBay? I have a few questions. 

Do you have to pay to list it? If so, I assume it depends how much you place starting bid at? 

What if it doesn't get bid on?

Do you pay more to have a reserve? 

If it sells do you then have to pay again?

Anything else I should know about?

Thanks. 

It seems the best way is a classified ad £14.99 no final fees but there is loads of info on EBay itself to get a more accurate advice on options it seems motors fall in to a different set of rules to other things I know I sold something last month for £175 and only paid £1 in fees

I'm fairly sure you do not pay to list vehicles and if you don't get a bid you can just relist. If you set a reserve you will have to pay some fees and if it sells they will take their % cut which is a substantial amount. I've not sold one myself but know people that have

In my opinion eBay is aweful, I've sold like 4 cars in the past year 😂 everyone who found me was on autotrader and I had auto/pistonheads/eBay ads for all. I'd just stick with the 10.99 pistonheads advert and the most expensive autotrader option and you'll deffo get it sold if you just price it the best deal.

Autotrader didn't work for me. Had 2 people contact me and it was a waste of money, they charge way too much. 

This is the only other car I have seen with the same bodykit as mine, has 20k more miles. the body kit is broken on the front, loads of kerbing on the wheels, tyres I have never heard of (Joy Road), stains on the back seats, not sure what is happening with the rear of the car with that square hole in the mesh, air vent broken on centre drivers side. But what is more worrying is the picture of the boot isn't even the same car, in fact it's not even a suzuki swift sport. At least his/her wheel nuts aren't looking rusty, a lot of the adverts I have seen have horrible looking nuts, like this example at least it has no kerbing. 

Mine has none of that and 20k less miles than both and loads of extras, bluetooth handsfree, USB, SD AUX connection so you can listen to music through either, suzuki sports mats (no one else seems to have those), mud guards as I found after driving it for a month loads of dirt would go up the side, both keys, receipts, owners manuals, 4 brand new Yokohama tyres. Never had a problem with it.  

I have seen some swift sports in worse condition than mine sell for £4200+ I can't find the advert for it now, but this one is £200 more, again stain on the seats and where is the spoiler?

So what is reasonable for mine?