Willtl

Best tire option for me?

On 17/02/2017 at 1:19 PM, GT86Bob said:

The irony for me is that I'll be fitting Primacys for the TSS N2 class. Anyone know what the difference is between Primacy HP and Primacy 3 ?

I have no idea if anyone answered this for you Bob. 

The primacy 3 is the replacement of the hp. There is good info on this link. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/Michelin-Primacy-3-Launched.htm

To summarise it the primacy 3 has better water distribution at low speed and an improved rubber compound keeping the same blend of economy and grip of the hp but with improved braking characteristics. 

Michelin looked at all sorts of crash data and focused on improving these features in an effort to reduce accidents. 

In terms of the sprints I guess the better braking of the 3 would be better. A step up to the bigger playing field of N1s might offer more fun competition. 

On 18/02/2017 at 1:15 PM, Bfranklyn86 said:

Sold. V105s it is. Thanks people.

How are the v105s for you?  I got the 86 which had stock tyres on during autumn - I've loved sliding around - whilst I'd like to carry more confident speed in to the corners, I still want to be able to act like a hooligan on roundabouts early in the morning!  

Do the Yoko's let the back out like the Primacy's did? 

Just my 2p.... but I run ADVAN AD08R’s on my 86.

On and off the track I cant fault them. The only time they come unstuck is standing water...

Before that I ran AD08R’s on my 6.0 Monaro VXR and my RX8. I swear by them.

I replaced my Goodyear Eagle AS2's last month as wasn't happy with the grip I was getting when they were still on around 4.5mm. Never been entirely sold on them due to the soft side wall. I was going to go to either the PS4 or 105's that lots of people on here like, but due to a hard to pass up extra voucher deal on Black Circles I actually ended up going for Avon ZV7's that were a lot cheaper than either and also had the bonus of being made in England (although sadly they are US owned these days). Have to say I am very impressed so far, low road noise, excellent grip and handling although steering feel is a little lower than the AS2's. I certainly haven't got any regrets so far, but will see how I feel by the end of the summer and before I switch back to the winters!