TTR

TTR's San Remo BRZ

So, guess it's time to start one of these since the modding is ramping up a little :D

Bought my BRZ back in March a month after I passed my driving test. Don't regret it one bit haha. The car is my daily (16,000 miles and counting), but I'm keen to get out on track more often so there'll be a few additions aimed at such....with some bling of course! :D

Modding started with the CGR Exhaust, but I guess it'll be a slippery slope from now on :lol:.

Current mods are:

Tuning Developments UEL

Öhlins R&T Coilovers (Mi20) 

Xtrons Headunit (Can't remember the model number :huh:)

Tom's Rear lights

MTEC Shift Springs

Powerflex Gearbox and Subframe bushings

Alcantara dash panels

Anarchy Motive gear stick

On the way:

To do:

SPL Lower control arms

Valenti lower light

Gauge cover and handbrake retrim

Front bumper respray and PPF

Future purchases/wishlist :D :

BBK

Oil cooler

Valenti sidemarkers

KM4sh Ducktail/SARD LSR Carbon wing

Agency Power Carbon front lip

Rexspeed Carbon sideskirts

Tuning Developments Turbo Kit (Probably unlikely due to insurance :lol:)

Thanks for reading my build thread so far, more to come ;)

IMG_20170423_201911_531.jpg

48 minutes ago, Paul said:

Car looks mean on those wheels with those coilovers.

Out of interest how come you're changing wheels so soon?

Thanks man! :D

Not changing wheels, just going up to 9.5" on the front as I love the concave!

Video of the TD UEL and the CGR Exhaust:

18 minutes ago, Lauren said:

With tyres that wide compared to the front, I'm guessing you like understeer? 

I'm guessing you are going to rectify that soon?

Nobody likes understeer! It's pretty grim at the moment when pushing on. Don't really want to go bigger than 225 on an 8.5", hence why I've ordered another 9.5" for up front so I don't have to run staggered and can get some front end back.

11 minutes ago, Sideways? said:

They are huge wheels, won't you have trouble getting them under the arches...?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

They're on the rear perfectly fine. @Ztox is running the 9.5s up front with no issues afaik, As are TD with a similar wheel setup and I'm pretty sure @smudge had the same width/offset setup too. Fairly well documented that it fits.

Yea lots of people have 18 x 9.5 ET35/38 all round with no problems, it's how I knew it was what I wanted :)

I did wonder if you'd go up to 9.5 on the fronts.

9.5s all round sounds legit. But without turbo power it just feels overkill. I have enough problems shaking my 8.5's loose sometimes.

You will, I suspect get a good amount of tramlining if  you go for 255's on the front. It's also a lot of grip for an NA. I would also guess that the wheel weight with those tyres will be heavy too. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

You will, I suspect get a good amount of tramlining if  you go for 255's on the front. It's also a lot of grip for an NA. I would also guess that the wheel weight with those tyres will be heavy too. 

Driven a few cars with 255+ on the front and I've never felt an issue tramlining. If I was worried about weight on my daily wheels, I wouldn't have bought 9.5" wide ones ;)  Form over function when it comes to daily (within reason 😂). Rears are 9.5kg, haven't weighed the fronts. But hoping to not have to use them for too long for track work. Hoping to pick up some TSW Nurburgrings for that.

6 hours ago, Paul said:

9.5s all round sounds legit. But without turbo power it just feels overkill. I have enough problems shaking my 8.5's loose sometimes.

I've never had a problem forcing the 255s loose if I really really want to, plenty of my friends can attest to that fact haha, along with the rapid reduction in tread depth on my rears :S Just requires a scandi flick or a clutch kick :P 

15 minutes ago, maurice said:

Are you not impressed with the BC's? Suprised you want to change them out so quickly. 

I'm actually pretty impressed by the BC's for the grip they provide at the price they're at (£650ish?). But I do pretty long commutes sometimes and they just don't have the ride Quality of the Flex A's. In hindsight I would've sold them as soon as they got delivered and then just gone for the Teins, but that's not me just plain old disliking the BC's. The Teins are just more comfortable.

54 minutes ago, TTR said:

I'm actually pretty impressed by the BC's for the grip they provide at the price they're at (£650ish?). But I do pretty long commutes sometimes and they just don't have the ride Quality of the Flex A's. In hindsight I would've sold them as soon as they got delivered and then just gone for the Teins, but that's not me just plain old disliking the BC's. The Teins are just more comfortable.

If you decide to sell the BC's I'll be interested ;) 

So just bought the brake upgrade package (EBC Yellows front and rear, HEL Braided lines and uprated fluid) from @Mike@TD.co.uk. Keen to feel the difference in initial bite/brake feel and have some fade resistance on track, in time for PHSS Silverstone!

So after chatting to @Mike@TD.co.uk and having a a think, I've decided against going for the Perrin CAI, Seems the gains aren't worth the cost and even though it does sound absolutely awesome, the money will be spent better on a track day or two ;)

I'd still buy one personally, People pay 3 or even 4 times as much for a cat back that sounds good, which seems widely accepted yet an intake isn't worth the money. They are doing the same thing and net similar gains.

18 minutes ago, Varelco said:

I'd still buy one personally, People pay 3 or even 4 times as much for a cat back that sounds good, which seems widely accepted yet an intake isn't worth the money. They are doing the same thing and net similar gains.

Tbf, should've explained but for me, more of a case that the HKS Panel filter was producing near results and is £30 as opposed to £360.

Edit: Catbacks also make much more of a difference sound/volume wise.

36 minutes ago, TTR said:

Tbf, should've explained but for me, more of a case that the HKS Panel filter was producing near results and is £30 as opposed to £360.

Edit: Catbacks also make much more of a difference sound/volume wise.

Yeah but a panel filter doesn't sound like GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

On 12/02/2017 at 3:38 PM, Paul said:

Yeah but a panel filter doesn't sound like GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......

Hahahaha, can't deny that excellently vivid description :lol:

So taking the car up to Tuning Developments on Saturday to get a remap, shift springs, positive shift bush and rear sub-frame bushings fitted. Will hopefully have gotten the brake package fitted by then too.

Excited to say the least :D

Also been debating whether to stick the stock Catback on for the meantime, as my current system is just too loud with the decat UEL manifold for track days and long motorway journeys.