rob275

Regional Organisers

Hi All,

We're going to start implementing some regional organisers for the club. You may have noticed a couple of people with it next to their names already as they expressed interest in the survey to help out the club. Not only that but they've been doing a good job thus far.

So with that said, welcome @will300 and @Deacon as joint regional organisers for the midlands areas. They will be responsible for organising regular social meets and other activities in the area. These could be breakfast meets, lunch meets, go karting, or something even more adventurous like sky div.. ok maybe not that adventurous :D

@Lauren Will keep the rowdy manchester lot happy and others will be contacted in the coming weeks i'm sure and added to the list. 

Thanks,

Rob

I should add, that I'm happy for help in the Manchester and NW area. Neal did a great job of organising some drive outs over the Peak District and pub meets. We will look at doing more of those over the coming months. :) 

I already do most of the organising down this way, but that's mainly because there's only 2 or 3 people around here who regularly attend meets, so I just tend to send them a text or whatever.

If there were more interest perhaps from you guys in the Midlands/West Mids to come and join us, I'd be happy to organise more public meets around here in a formal capacity.

I've posted at least 4 or 5 meets on here. Almost every time I met up with guys from around here I posted it on the forum, some even weeks in advance. Only ever had 1 person outside of my normal group come along, so I stopped bothering for the most part.

Of course, if I planned to do a long weekend drive or similar I'd post it up, but if people can't be bothered to put the effort in to drive to the meet, I struggle to find a reason to put the effort in to organise it beyond the normal people.

Please do continue to post them up Ross, I'd have joined you if I could, plus we get more and more new members so fair enough the current locals may not be interested but you never know who else might join.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

Ross I have spoken to Alex Jaskowski are we are happy to share/help with meets as we are based in Cheltenham and had a chat about possible meets in Bristol/Cotswolds/Malverns/Wales?

From here there are some good routes down through to Abergavenny via Ross on Wye and could meet at the big carpark where the cafe is.

I am going on tour of the Morgan factory fairly soon and I can ask about group booking if anybody would be interested.

On 07/01/2017 at 1:53 PM, MikeB said:

Ross I have spoken to Alex Jaskowski are we are happy to share/help with meets as we are based in Cheltenham and had a chat about possible meets in Bristol/Cotswolds/Malverns/Wales?

From here there are some good routes down through to Abergavenny via Ross on Wye and could meet at the big carpark where the cafe is.

I am going on tour of the Morgan factory fairly soon and I can ask about group booking if anybody would be interested.

Now I have my car I'd be up for some meets around Bristol and the South West. 

I'm not fussed by a title but more than happy to keep organising events as I find it fun. 

Next event is a show and shine event with the likely date of 21st may 17. Hosted at a lovely pub in the peaks. 

Proper competition with trophies for best presented cars.  Should the sun abandon us on the day best water beading will win. 

Drinks food and banter also readily available. 

Just out of interest, who is the organiser for my area? Or where is the list of organisers and areas. 

Thanks. I fancy going for a drive as the 2miles to work and back just isn't enough :) or I need an excuse to drive somewhere. 

The only regional organisers we have at the moment are in the Midlands, myself and @Ztox Organise the south-east bits between Essex & Surrey'ish. Lauren likes to arrange a curry or two up in Manchester :P 

We need more, if you feel like putting your name forward then drop me a PM, it has lots of perks, like looking super cool and erm... looking super cool B) But saying that, don't feel like you have to be an organiser to put a social meet up. That's not the case :) 

16 minutes ago, Leevsfortyone said:

Maybe we could arrange a meet over at Freeport, nice drive out there, or up at Ipswich as it's not that far really for us Essex folk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good 

One at Ipswich could work if enough people are interested. I think we're overdue a Grasshopper one and I also want to get a Saturday morning breakfast sorted at the Lion with a drive out afterwards as we don't do enough of that really. I'll try and get a couple posted up in the next couple of days!

Well i'm pleased to announce that @DanJ has offered to take the reigns as regional organiser for the MK and surrounding area. Those of you around the area know he's been arranging meets anyway so not a lot will change :)