Sign in to follow this  
rob275

Club Feedback - Responses

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay on this, finding some time to sit down and write something up on the run up to Christmas is proving rather difficult (amongst my general laziness of course)

Thanks to those that filled in the short survey for the club and apologies for the minor hiccups with it if anyone stumbled upon them. For the most part however the hiccups didn't affect the results and I can respond here to some of the comments and we will look to alter next year so that we can turn any negatives in to positives.

Premium Membership

The responses on this were pretty much as expected those that don't have premium membership felt the cost was about right, those that have premium membership the results are more skewed as a lot of you would be happy to pay more. Currently we have no intention of charging more for premium members as the majority think £10 is about right. We might offer some tiered membership options should you so wish to take advantage of them, what they will include however is yet to be seen. 

Some of the comments were bemusing mainly from those who weren't premium members who have asked us to explain the benefits of it. The discounts have been advertised on the store where it is purchasable ever since it was introduced. 

There are many other comments for improvement which are noted and will be actioned but I won't list them all here as we don't necessarily know what way we will be going with them as of yet!

The Forums

Peoples opinions on the forums was reassuring, rated highly, easy to use there were some comments on the amount of content available but forums are populated by it's users. It will only become a content hub if you guys make it. There will be some changes coming to the forum but hopefully you can embrace this change as I think it will make the forums and the club better in the long term.

There was a comment about BB Code, despite perhaps not being obvious the forum does support BB Code as well as drag & drop. Mobile support (waiting on an update which will improve this hopefully and will be implemented by the new year)

Many people have put their name forward as happy to help moderate the forums which is great and we will look at bringing a couple of people on in various areas to help us.

Social Media

The majority didn't care for social media integration, which is great as i'm fairly against it as it kills forums like this. other than the fact we could post events on there which we will start doing for greater reach. A comment regarding social breakfast & lunchtime meets not going on facebook. I done this with a grasshopper meet and despite getting a huge turnout it wasn't so great as we nearly didn't get fed!

All social meets will get placed on the club calendar however (which by the way you can subscribe to and add to your phone for reminders!)

There were also comments regarding @smudge and us getting his V8 build finished. We're working on this, he's also requested he becomes admin. I will put this to a poll.

Social events!

This section had quite an obvious demographic the areas which have someone actively arranging social meets in their area scored highly. It's never been the case that it's forbidden for you guys to arrange social events of your own back and it's encouraged but it seems that many people seem reluctant to for whatever reason. 

With this in mind we've had a good response rate for people wanting to be regional organisers. We will pick a person from each region to help out here and sort out some socials in various areas. Areas I don't think I have ever seen activity in is the South-West and really far oop north where I daren't go as i'm a southern fairy and will surely freeze to death.

I think i've pretty much covered most of it but if you've put something in the surveys and I haven't and want to know what will happen feel free to PM me or any of the other Admins if you don't like me (I understand I don't like me either)

The one thing I would say is that I'd like to see more exposure given to the companies that actively participate. Mike @ TD, Mark @ Abbey, Chris @ Tarmac and Matt @ Cosworth all deserve to get more advertising within the club due to the way they contribute.

We should also look at doing monthly photo competitions or something, to keep people coming back as a regular thing.

@Paul  I agree, though Matt isn't actually on here  I am going to speak to the traders on an individual basis in the new year. 

Matt isn't a trader on the other forum either. He's just an engineer and answers questions. He lurks on here I believe.

@Test Drives Unlimited It was emailed to you, probably bounced back or ended up in spam. Either way it was on the forum as previously told. That said, if you have any suggestions or concerns you would have liked to have expressed in the survey feel free to PM me and they will be noted. Everyone has a voice :) 

I found this forum on tapatalk using my mobile phone and joined shortly after buying my GT86 in August. I haven't found your website and would live to give you £10 to join. Any chance of a link to the site please.

d167ddf2661bf498237918d2afe088fd.jpg

My UK car but wondering if I should buy the FT86 in Thailand for use during the winter.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, bryan.inns said:

I found this forum on tapatalk using my mobile phone and joined shortly after buying my GT86 in August. I haven't found your website and would live to give you £10 to join. Any chance of a link to the site please.

d167ddf2661bf498237918d2afe088fd.jpg

My UK car but wondering if I should buy the FT86 in Thailand for use during the winter.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

It's here:-

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/store/

👍

Also, I'd just like to repeat what has been said before and I'm sure the other directors would also agree with me that we'd like to thank you all for being here with us, supporting us and contributing to the community. We wouldn't be here without you all.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk