Minion

Gt86 Aero

Hi all

I currently have a GT86 Trd in black and I love the car to pieces everything from the power delivery, the handling and even just being in the cab is a nice place to be but I'm contemplating swapping it in for a white Aero and there are a couple that I'm looking at on Autotrader but they seem to have different wheels. I was just wondering if anyone new the reason for this and which wheels are better? Also is there any other differences that I'm missing or is that all?

Please find both adverts listed below - 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609137728727?search-target=usedcars&make=toyota&model=gt86&postcode=le157sn&sort=default&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&page=16&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608026428140/sort/default/make/toyota/model/gt86/radius/1500/postcode/le157sn/onesearchad/new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer-id/619524/usedcars

Thanks

Jake

35 minutes ago, Minion said:

Hi all

I currently have a GT86 Trd in black and I love the car to pieces everything from the power delivery, the handling and even just being in the cab is a nice place to be but I'm contemplating swapping it in for a white Aero and there are a couple that I'm looking at on Autotrader but they seem to have different wheels. I was just wondering if anyone new the reason for this and which wheels are better? Also is there any other differences that I'm missing or is that all?

Please find both adverts listed below - 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609137728727?search-target=usedcars&make=toyota&model=gt86&postcode=le157sn&sort=default&searchcontext=default&radius=1500&page=16&onesearchad=new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused&logcode=p&adPos=1

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608026428140/sort/default/make/toyota/model/gt86/radius/1500/postcode/le157sn/onesearchad/new%2Cnearlynew%2Cused/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer-id/619524/usedcars

Thanks

Jake

The older aeros had the oz wheels, the newer ones the black trd wheels. 

21 minutes ago, kurosagi01 said:

Personally i would stick with TRD version which has the bigger brakes than the stock brakes that are on the aero.

No it has standard brakes, no different to the Aero

Yeah UK TRD's didn't really have any additional performance TRD bits, mainly cosmetic TRD bits.....the TRD (Brembo?) brakes are mega expensive.

Are the OZ wheels potentially lighter?

42 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Yeah UK TRD's didn't really have any additional performance TRD bits, mainly cosmetic TRD bits.....the TRD (Brembo?) brakes are mega expensive.

Are the OZ wheels potentially lighter?

I was thinking that plus if I ever decided to change them I would have though the oz wheels might have a good re sale?

1 minute ago, Minion said:

I do really like the OZ wheels but on that one is the interior just a bit too red? Haven't seen one in person but just screams out brothel to me!!! :lol:

Red interiors are the best - really lifts it 

Just now, Deacon said:

Red interiors are the best - really lifts it 

Might have to go see it in person then as that's the only thing I'm slightly sceptical about and the pictures in that of the interior aren't the best! 

Do you think I will be able to use to 2017 model to get a better price on this one? ;) 

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Might have to go see it in person then as that's the only thing I'm slightly sceptical about and the pictures in that of the interior aren't the best! 

Do you think I will be able to use to 2017 model to get a better price on this one? ;) 

I have to say I'm biased though, interior on mine:-

20160505_130331_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

I would think the fact the facelift is on its way has got to be worth a try for a haggle! 

7 minutes ago, Deacon said:

I have to say I'm biased though, interior on mine:-

20160505_130331_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

I would think the fact the facelift is on its way has got to be worth a try for a haggle! 

I do quite like that! I think it will be worth me taking the trip for a view and a haggle ;)