Apex

Almost there!

Hey there, quick introduction :) 

I'm from West Mids / UK.

About to become the owner of this Subaru BRZ and was wondering if anybody knows anything about it, seen it around or know the previous owner or builder etc? That'd be great.

eda0cdbf7e.jpg

Anyways, I currently have a 2009 Civic Type R Championship White with a few mods, nothing to the extent of the above though!

I've previously had a 2008 Impreza WRX STI Prodrive (330S equivalent), a 2006 Impreza WRX STI 400hp and another Civic Type R, so this will be my first RWD only car, needless to say I'll be taking it slow over the upcoming months (two small trackdays planned already!) Always up for a trackday so hope to join you on track soon and attend some meets.

Hi There and welcome to the club, the start of the plate rings a bell but they were probably assigned to BRZ's in general for the most part so that doesn't help! Looks in good condition anyway. Hope to bump in to you soon.

3 hours ago, Minion said:

Not sure who's it was but looks gorgeous! Do you know what mod's its already got? ;) 

Thanks, and yep, a large list of them including HKS V2 Supercharger, 2.1 stroker, whiteline bits etc :) I'll put the specs up in a thread somewhere once I've collected the car!

Here's another sneak preview..

f9e332d482.jpg

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

Hi There and welcome to the club, the start of the plate rings a bell but they were probably assigned to BRZ's in general for the most part so that doesn't help! Looks in good condition anyway. Hope to bump in to you soon.

Thanks :) Plate ends BZW. If I had to guess it was perhaps from down south.

1 hour ago, GT86Jay said:

Blue BRZ, Big Brakes, and Volk wheels, Supercharged... Thats not @LFA one is it? Although I thought he was Sprintex. I'd say the tuner was Abbey Motorsport, maybe give them a call and see if they know. 

Have just looked at a few of @LFAs posts and yes, it is thanks for that. Any ideas why he sold up / stopped posting here? Anything wrong with the car? :P Haha!

No idea where he went tbh, I assume life just got busy. Best person to ask would be Keith I guess as he used to speak to him a fair bit off the forums.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Cool thanks, wouldn't want to be too intrusive! Was really just interested in a bit of history of the car, the sort you don't get when it's passed from one dealer to another etc :)  and whether it wanted for anything prior to being sold.

What's Keiths username? Will pop him a quick message.

1 minute ago, Bean said:

Cool thanks, wouldn't want to be too intrusive! Was really just interested in a bit of history of the car, the sort you don't get when it's passed from one dealer to another etc :)  and whether it wanted for anything prior to being sold.

What's Keiths username? Will pop him a quick message.

@Special K

LFA had the sprintex and built engine..... I assume he swapped to the HKS SC then as it was a bit of the track car. 

Those brakes are a give away though. I dont know anyone else with the Essex/AP kits from the USA.

On 20/09/2016 at 10:51 AM, Bean said:

Thanks :) Plate ends BZW. If I had to guess it was perhaps from down south.

EO is an Essex registration (the first two letters tell you where the car is from).

2 hours ago, Rich said:

EO is an Essex registration (the first two letters tell you where the car is from).

Ah yes, forgot about that. Have put all the pieces of the puzzle together now anyway :)

Hopefully collecting within next 7 days, just needs front wheel bearings and that's it. Will get a thread up as soon as I have it.

Welcome Bean, nice to see @LFA's again, proper track weapon it is.

On 20/09/2016 at 2:45 PM, Ade said:

Those brakes are a give away though. I dont know anyone else with the Essex/AP kits from the USA.

@Pitman also has the Essex/AP Kit and I might at somepoint lol....

Welcome Bean, nice to see @LFA's again, proper track weapon it is.

On 20/09/2016 at 2:45 PM, Ade said: Those brakes are a give away though. I dont know anyone else with the Essex/AP kits from the USA.

@Pitman also has the Essex/AP Kit and I might at somepoint lol....

Not pitman has the ap formula kits unless he's changed it.

19 hours ago, Deacon said:

Welcome @Bean

I saw Aaron Bunning post this on his fb - is that where you're buying it from? 

Lovely spec car! 

Yeah. Getting it from Aarons garage.

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

Welcome to the club bud, best of luck with the purchase and hopefully see you around, there's a midland meet coming up soon!

Thanks, I'll definitely be up for the Midlands meets. Are there Curborough days too? I was there last year in my Civic and saw quite a few 86s and BRZs having a meeting - any from here? I go there quite often. 

On 9/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, Deacon said:

Lots of us indeed to frequent Curborough

Be interesting to see how your Brz will go around there with the mods on it. 

Are you on the Sprint and Track day FB group? 

Nice, and slowly I imagine, it'll be my first RWD car so I'll be very much learning the car ;)

Collecting it Sunday!

EDIT: Collected and continuing over here:

Ben, sorry I did not reply to your PM.

LFA (Ed) is a personal buddy, I loved his car and didn't know he had passed it on in the trade as we've not touched base for a few months.

As you know, Mark at Abbey did all his prep and, to my mind, is the best track BRZ about. He loves the Nordshleife (?sp) and regularly blew over there to air it. He's a braver man than me . .

Enjoy, it's a really well cared-for car.

Spec K