surrey86

Javelin trackday - Bedford GT - Friday 2nd December

I've booked on with Javelin for a nice slippy December track day, currently £99 for the full GT circuit which sounds like a bargain.

Bedford is a great track for beginners. It's a long lap so doesn't tend to get too congested (apart from right at the start as per usual), and there's only a couple places where it's actually possible to hit anything. You can definitely get a good feel for the car.

Let us know if any more want a pre-Christmas winter track fix!

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1428itemid&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

I still haven't got round to my first track day yet, would you say with this being in December it;s not advisable or should it be okay?

It's neither here nor there really, it's likely to be a bit damper/slipperier but bedford has plenty of runoff and it's perfect for a beginner.

2 minutes ago, Minion said:

Right I'll see who books it and could well be my first track day if there is plenty of run off!

In the same mindset as you. Don't really want to go sending my car off into a wall :lol:

720 yoloflip sounds pretty impressive! :lol:

Think I should be okay as long as I don't think I'm max verstappen on my first lap ;) The main think that worrys me is getting in the way of the better drivers!!

I think winter at Bedford is ideal as it's a lot easier on the car. It will either be cold  or wet so helping keeping Road tyres and brakes from frying themselves too easily.

There's a good few straights so easy for faster cars to overtake.

50 minutes ago, Minion said:

720 yoloflip sounds pretty impressive! :lol:

Think I should be okay as long as I don't think I'm max verstappen on my first lap ;) The main think that worrys me is getting in the way of the better drivers!!

I feel like every time someone mentions Max I have to be involved :lol:

7 minutes ago, TTR said:

He's my favourite F1 driver ;). Probably gave that away with the profile picture :lol:

I did notice that and I think he's awesome as well just from what he's achieved at such a young age! 

Have you got much experience on the track or a newbie as well?

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

I did notice that and I think he's awesome as well just from what he's achieved at such a young age! 

Have you got much experience on the track or a newbie as well?

Never done a trackday as such, driven a Formula Renault around Silverstone. Been Karting for a few years on and off, that's about it. I wouldn't consider myself a *complete* newbie. But I wouldn't consider myself at all experienced :lol:

Do love Verstappen's style. Reminds me a lot of Hamilton when he first broke onto the F1 scene!

13221022_10208289047456803_7494013077671