Jax

Timing chain GT86

23 minutes ago, Tareim said:

how many miles have you done?  surely it doesn't need doing until well over 100k miles?

The engine and components are open bro, I'm doing it but not sure with timing.
tnx

If you dont know how to set the timing, why on earth would you pull the engine before finding or figuring that out!

I'd assume you would use the pink markers on the chain and a few strategic marker pen line to line everything up correctly but @Mark@Abbey M/S might be nice enough to give you a few pointers as he's built a number of these motors now.

Just now, Ade said:

If you dont know how to set the timing, why on earth would you pull the engine before finding or figuring that out!

I'd assume you would use the pink markers on the chain and a few strategic marker pen line to line everything up correctly but @Mark@Abbey M/S might be nice enough to give you a few pointers as he's built a number of these motors now.

cool bro, they brought a 1000 pcs puzzle named "engine" to me :D,I did the game and found how to do the timing.
anyway, mission completed!  

You align the blue marker on the chain with the mark on the crank gear starting on the left bank first, that is the right if you look from the front, the pink links line up with the engraved lines on the vvt gears it is worth noting that the crank key should be at eleven o clockish in line with the boss for the timing chain cover, once  this is done you must turn the engine until the two diamond marks align on the vvt gears you can then fit the chain on the right bank at this point if you don't do this the timing will be 180 degrees out and the engine will not start, also on the crank gear there are marks on both sides,this allows gear to be fitted 2x ways only use the front mark to set your timing