gazza82

New owner .. well will be in March 2017

Nice! 

It's interesting that the seat trim looks to be the same as what we have on the zenki model GT86/BRZ, whereas Toyota have changed the alcantara to a perforated material with white stitching. 

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

is it bigger or smaller size now? would be interested to know as I have an android unit that is the toyota universal 7" size that fits perfectly on the pre-facelift

I'd have to ask the dealer or I can measure the diagonal tomorrow.

Not sure if this helps .. when it stops raining I'll try and get to the garage with a tape measure, but you can probably see it is NOT rectangular with the side sloping inwards towards the bottom and rounded corners. Not sure about the earlier units and I didn't pay a lot of attention on my two short test drives ..

original_MY17_entertainment.JPG

On 01/03/2017 at 4:55 PM, gazza82 said:

It's the starlink system so connects to android using bt. Just downloaded the app so will play later.

OK that was a complete waste of time .. when I did get it to connect it really only had an audio app that was any use to me and the quality was cr@p .. it's better using the basic Bluetooth connection to play back music stored on my phone.

Dealer saod they were releasing a new satnav unit as the dimensions changed. Not sure how true that was but it does sound like the MY17 units don't fit the older dash. Someone with connections to Subaru might want to check ...

Not sure I like the shiny black plastic around the radio. The new wheel and instruments are an improvement though...

I wish they'd drop the analogue speedo though. Positioned as it is its pointless - I don't think I've looked at mine once in 18 months of ownership...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 days old and ... a paint chip ... in fact a few!!!! FFS!!! Right on her nose!!! :( Reallt tiny ones but none the less a bit pi $$ed off to put it mildly ... :angry:

But I did find the g-force meter ... only seems to appear if engine off but has been recording the 1100 miles I've covered so far. Now to test it properly .... :rolleyes:

OK a bit more of this G-Force meter ..

Eventually found it on the dash settings (Subaru have so far failed to supply the handbook with updated content to match the car's new features!).

It's on same "page" as the power/torque curves and lap timer which makes sense. But I've never seen it as the g-force only appears if the car is STATIONARY!! So it basically summarises what you have been doing, but you can't watch it while on the move, which I guess is sensible. But then why show braking force, accelerator movement, and steering movements in that too as .. ???

Limited use methinks!

Oh and the new satnav upgrade is ....

£1680 list according to Subaru UKs web site. Up from £1000 on older model. Does seem to be DAB too though.

37 minutes ago, gazza82 said:

Oh and the new satnav upgrade is ....

£1680 list according to Subaru UKs web site. Up from £1000 on older model. Does seem to be DAB too though.

You are seriously better off buying an aftermarket head unit. You can get a top of the range Alpine for a grand. There are loads of more integrated options for carplay and android as well. Though they don't seem to feature yet amongst the top brands. 

My Alpine INE 925R was a grand four year ago, it's cheaper now and has much better nav than what is on the Toyota system and DAB. It'll improve your sound quality too, but you may want to consider at least upgrading your front speakers which will still be cheaper than the Subaru Sat nav option. 

There is a deal on the table meaning I will pay a lot less ;-) The car was purchased as an SE Lux Nav ... just no nav units in the country when I collected the car. It's a Pioneer unit I believe.

I'm not a massive hi-fi buff so it doesn't bother me too much. If I want to listen to music I do that on my TEAC system at home. There is a sweeter sound coming from the engine bay than the radio or my usb stick!  :-)

So one month and 19 days later and 2000 miles on clock! Quality isn't great as my passenger was taking these!!

At least no 1 and 2 show the "miles to go" estimate is accurate!

Thought no 3 was appropriate being a 2017 model!

20170319_speedo_1999.jpg

20170319_speedo_2000.jpg

20170319_speedo_2017.jpg