gazza82

New owner .. well will be in March 2017

I had something similar, dealer had my car ready but because of my insurance Company not willing to insure my new car, I had to wait a couple of weeks for that to expire before getting new insurance on the 86....went to have a look at her.....and instead of waiting, I went out and got myself a couple of weeks temporary insurance since I was itching to driver her, I just couldn't wait.....I have no idea how you'll cope for a couple of months!

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

When I ordered my car in July I thought I would have to wait until Sept/Oct for delivery... no it was already in stock and at the dealer's 4 days later. Was I going to wait a month for the plate to change over? Not a chance! I bought the car to drive and enjoy, if it was supposed to make financial sense I wouldn't have bought a new one. Get it registered and enjoy the car.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 7:10 PM, gazza82 said:

BRZ allocation is small and just missed January batch so it's Feb build date. Might as well wait a couple more weeks and get new reg!

Seems to affect the Blue cars most ... harder to paint, more popular, ??? :)

Our cars might well be on the same boat over from Japan then Gazza!

Boat wankers! ;)

Hope you enjoy it when it arrives.

Edit: Should have read all the way through first!   I'm struggling enough with a 2.5 month wait, so you have the patience of a saint Gazza! Wow!

Edited by BristolLee
I've actually read the whole thread now

Just had a call from the dealer ... my car IS an MY17!!! But because of that the old sat nav doesn't fit .. so will get the new one retro fitted late March ...

So now I really should hold out for a 17 plate ... it's only 34 more days .. 34!!!

4 hours ago, gazza82 said:

Just had a call from the dealer ... my car IS an MY17!!! But because of that the old sat nav doesn't fit .. so will get the new one retro fitted late March ...

So now I really should hold out for a 17 plate ... it's only 34 more days .. 34!!!

lucky you, I really want one but it'd be another 18 months before I could afford that

Don't be daft - get it picked up - apart from anything else GT86 values seem to be much more condition/mileage/spec dependent rather than reg plate. Like everyone else - I'd just get it delivered... For what it's worth - mines a late-summer 15 plate. Didn't even think about it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 26/01/2017 at 11:52 PM, gazza82 said:

Problem is prices are already up £2k due to £/ $ exchange rate ... 

Surely if you've already put the order in, then the price is locked down???

Great news on it being the new revised version, that is a result. You'll be the first I suspect. I'd still pick it up ASAP though, new reg's aren't really that important, but your car, your choice of course. 

Not so good news that your price doesn't seem to be fixed though. :(

Thought that would have been sorted if you'd already put a deposit down? 

Just to confirm that the price is as expected ... so if it drops £1k just gor driving off the forecourt I could still make a profit .... lol! No f'ing chance of that ... 

And one more surprise up my sleeve ... all will be revealed on the 1st.

Standard at the mo  ... but being upgraded wjen new unit arrives. MY17 changed size so old upgrade doesn't fit. No DAB though ... bluetooth. Haven't really played with it yet ... too much fun listening to the Boxer!

is it bigger or smaller size now? would be interested to know as I have an android unit that is the toyota universal 7" size that fits perfectly on the pre-facelift