Sign in to follow this  
long-gone

Stock anti-roll bars wanted

On 30/06/2016 at 5:26 PM, Gringosteve said:

Do you want to do a direct swap, I have stock stuff

www.tuned.org.uk

I'd be happy to swap, but don't have the ability to DIY.

If you can wait while I get switched over then it's a possibility but may be time consuming.

13 hours ago, Gringosteve said:

Where are you based, if your local my father in law is a mechanic with his own garage & lifts etc. Why are you exchanging?

www.tuned.org.uk

Looks like I may be sorted. Messages with another member exchanged via PM. :)

While it's more rigid and flatter cornering, it's made it too harsh for my liking on local roads.

10 hours ago, Tareim said:

what's the thickness of the arbs?

I'll have to see if I can find calliper gauge or something - they're Eibach if that tells you anything.

As above though, looks like I may have a local swap.

Thanks Ian, I am happy. Had to soften up my dampers as expected, but now I can run a fairly soft damper and still keep that flat cornering.

The change in ARB certainly didn't sharpen up the handling as much as it has on previous cars I've had, testament to the stock setup I guess, but it certainly does corner flatter.

I am picking up on the slight squeak you mentioned from the left hand side, but I imagine that's more down to the bushes than anything. I may just buy a new set of bushes just to freshen it all up.

My feet certainly won't forget the day though, they're in agony this morning. I worked out yesterday that we must have walked somewhere in the region of 8-10 miles, and in shoes no thicker than a good pair of socks, wasn't a great idea. Good day other than that though, and the fact that I didn't leave until 7pm...

However, the manifold also went on, and it sounds fantastic. No more whistle, just deep burble as was expected the first time.

There seems to be differing information everywhere. Some say the furthest away hole is stiffest, others say softest.

It doesn't feel too stiff at the moment, but I've not really done much spirited driving. I might drop it in to a garage and have them take a look, also grease up the bushes again and see if that takes some of the squeak away.

The innermost is the stiffest setting. Think about if you were trying to twist the bar. It would be easier with more leverage from the outside.

Here is a copy of the roll bar setup in the TMG CUP GT86 user manual:

front%20and%20rear%20rool%20bar%20tmg_zp

2 hours ago, Ade said:

The innermost is the stiffest setting. Think about if you were trying to twist the bar. It would be easier with more leverage from the outside.

Here is a copy of the roll bar setup in the TMG CUP GT86 user manual:

front%20and%20rear%20rool%20bar%20tmg_zp

Do you have a copy if that 86cup manual you can share @Ade

2 hours ago, Ade said:

That was my reasoning and how Fensport had set it up.

FCM said it was the other way round hence the discussion with Ross. I'd be interested to know how he's getting on with them.