12 hours ago, knightryder said:

So mode 2 and 3 are essentially the same?? You can't accidentally activate FFS or LC so why bother having them in a separate map mode?

Think you will find all the Ecutek tuners use much the same format, user desired functions can be requested and sorted. As they say "cant cater for everybody" 

57 minutes ago, KevinA said:

Think you will find all the Ecutek tuners use much the same format, user desired functions can be requested and sorted. As they say "cant cater for everybody" 

Just seems pointless, its that mental thing that 3 is worse than 4. You could have no mode 2 in that list and it wouldn't make any difference to the experience.

6 hours ago, knightryder said:

Just seems pointless, its that mental thing that 3 is worse than 4. You could have no mode 2 in that list and it wouldn't make any difference to the experience.

Launch control, flat foot shifting and auto throttle blip are all gimmicks anyway. I opted not to have the throttle blip at all as I simply don't need it. I have flat foot shifting and launch control on two of the maps. Tried flat foot shifting once, didn't think it was kind to the car so never used it. Launch control I've no idea how to use so never bothered. 

I do though have Map 3 as a full power map but with reduced throttle sensitivity as Mark found it hard to control as it's pretty sensitive on the first two maps. Ironically he's not on my insurance anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

@Lauren Clutch in, Accelerator pressed hard down, LC will bounce of it's defined limiter, release clutch.

Just in case you wanna try it.

Yeah, I might try it. Is the limiter for it defined already? There's no way I can sit there with my foot down bouncing off the rev ilmiter. I do wonder how advisable this is on a clutch that's done over 110K miles! 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah, I might try it. Is the limiter for it defined already? There's no way I can sit there with my foot down bouncing off the rev ilmiter. I do wonder how advisable this is on a clutch that's done over 110K miles! 

Mine was set at 5k by default, if you flick the cruise control stick up/down while in LC mode it ups/reduces the LC limiter value on the fly.

By default the LC is set to 4k rpm but TD may have changed it. You can adjust it, usually in 250 rpm steps, by knocking the cruise control up or down when at the limiter. I think 4k is still high, on my car it's set to 3k and even then the torque is too much.

I find that FFS just doesn't feel natural so never got it it work, don't feel comfortable with my foot planted to the floor when changing gear :lol: 

2 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I find that FFS just doesn't feel natural so never got it it work, don't feel comfortable with my foot planted to the floor when changing gear :lol: 

That was my feeling too, so I opted not to use it. It seemed to drag the clutch and well I'm trying to see how many miles I can get out of the original clutch, it's almost become a challenge now. :lol:

I normally launch the car manually at around 2.5K trying my best not to ride the aforementioned clutch. 

Me and a friend found a private area today, just long enough to do a lil pull on. His car is completely stock and mine has tuning developments EL, overpipe and miltek exhaust with a tune. A good visual on the difference it makes. We did many pulls and even switched cars. The difference is noticeable. Next i want to get some 0-60 times. I need some new wheels though i am on stock ones which lose grip so easily.

Tuned GT86 vs Stock GT86

We've got the shelves stacked up with EL & UEL manifolds now - we also have free fitting on any other of our exhaust items when taken with a tuning package.

Second Decats (Silenced & Un-Silenced)

CAT Backs (Non-Res, Res & Super Res)

Thanks! :) 

Mike

5 hours ago, alucardo said:

TD resonated cat back,  manifold and downpipe if any of you where wondering what it sounds like :)

Is that uel or el? It sounds quite rx8 like.

2 hours ago, alucardo said:

As @Lauren said I was not db tested. I think I would be ok on just about all tracks about from Bedford these days.

You'll be fine everywhere but Bedford (and Thruxton). That's no great loss though. If you've driven Donington you won't be that interested in Bedford. I've had no problems with noise with all the circuits I've been to running the same setup, TD EL, TD resonated system and no cats. 

Hi Guys 

So just come back from TD. They done ECUtec mapping for me ( had already k&n panel filter TD manifold, overpipe,superresonated cat back ) and I have to say car is much better now ( did tested on 190 miles drive back ( in the rain lol). Not only has got more power but is more economical too ( on the way there 41.4mpg on the way back 47.2 mpg and I was less economical on the way back!)

So if someone is still thinking if is worth it ... do it ( if not for more power then for better mpg ;-) )

Highly recommend Tuning Developments, and very happy with they work.

Now time to save money for turbo kit ;-)

15388435468432143610473499993303.jpg

Wow its improves the mpg!? Is that because you have more torque so down shifting isn't always required when at cruising speeds. Do tuning developments provide the gum as well? 

34 minutes ago, Luke said:

Wow its improves the mpg!? Is that because you have more torque so down shifting isn't always required when at cruising speeds. Do tuning developments provide the gum as well? 

Lol no gum is just to cover the reg.

After remap you have quiet a bit  more power and torque in 3000-4750 rpm range and that's what you use in normal driving so probably that's why mpg is improved

Hi Guys 
So just come back from TD. They done ECUtec mapping for me ( had already k&n panel filter TD manifold, overpipe,superresonated cat back ) and I have to say car is much better now ( did tested on 190 miles drive back ( in the rain lol). Not only has got more power but is more economical too ( on the way there 41.4mpg on the way back 47.2 mpg and I was less economical on the way back!)
So if someone is still thinking if is worth it ... do it ( if not for more power then for better mpg ;-) )
Highly recommend Tuning Developments, and very happy with they work.
Now time to save money for turbo kit ;-)

15388435468432143610473499993303.thumb.jpg.5a966d4baca445d20ad3748420c0db64.jpg
You will love TD turbo .
Still remember driving from Warrington to London via M6 Toll road, lot of fun.
Super Res also keeps it quiet, good for any track.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great news Tom. Thanks for sharing.
If I read your post correct, you had the hardware fitted by yourselves before going to TD and your ECU has relearnt what it could and adjusted aka your before run is with all hardware installed and your after is just with the tune to perfect the hardware.
If yes, yours is a very unique example of these graphs and should be stored for future ref.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk