Production of these is on full speed at the moment to keep up with the demand :)

To book in please give me a message via messenger or give me a call on 01925 822 266.

We are also developing a silenced second decat for those that are chasing every HP available yet still want trackday friendly noise limits. More on that soon.

Thanks

Mike

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Mike, do you recommend a particular HFC pipe for those who want maximum power but to still pass an MOT without issue?

Paul, yet to see one that will pass over a longer term period which is why we've tended to stay away from providing those i'm afraid!

Lauren, that's good to know, thanks! :) 

Had mine done today (thanks @Mike@TD.co.uk!) and I’ve just been out for a late night blast to see how it felt on some empty roads nearby. From a motorway drive back from Warrington I had the impression that it felt better throughout the rev range - not just where the dip used to be, but even below the dip where the graphs show no difference in torque. The quick blast confirmed that feeling, but also highlighted that the engine feels a lot more flexible and just picks up the revs from anywhere on the tacho.

It’s a bit chilly and I’m still on Primacies, but the added urgency shows off the chassis balance even more. Coming off roundabouts the extra torque made it feel like I was in a lower gear. It was probably helped by the catback, which went from “a bit noisy” doing a steady motorway cruise to “bloody hilarious” when driven enthusiastically (I’ll temper the “bit noisy” part by saying that I’d recently installed the Mishimoto induction hose, which had taken away the previous motorway-speed noise. If I’d fitted the induction hose at the same time as the catback it would be more like a change in the noise rather than being noticeably louder)

Mike tempted me with the MTEC shift springs too, which turned the stock car’s very good gearshift into an exceptional gearshift. I’m amazed by how much quicker and more precise it feels, and I didn’t think that was possible. On first impressions it’s also taken away the slight feeling that something was scratching when going across the box (1-2, 3-4, and 5-6). I would certainly recommend that to anyone, even someone who wasn’t planning any performance modifications.

Yes, great to meet you and spend a few hours talking cars - hope it wasn't too much of a distraction from your other work! :)

I just had "the chat" with my insurer too, Adrian Flux (Marker Study). After reading a horror story about how the package had affected someone else's premium, imagine my delight to find there was no premium increase, just an admin fee :D

Hope everyone else gets a Christmas present as good as that!

41 minutes ago, Nelix said:

What is the cost to buy for the MTEC shift springs? Watched an installation video but at this time of year would be getting local garage to do it.

£38.99 sir. :) 

http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2618

Thanks

Mike

Guest 86guns

I’m booked in for the EL and remap in the new year together with the shifter springs. Looking forward to it.

I kind of wish I went with the package and mtec springs too; it was just a long distance to go, not to mention the cost in petrol etc getting to TD. It's like a 4-5hr trip :( Why can't you open up a garage down south :) 

Maybe one day in the near future I may go for it, but will have to sell the current Tomei manifold I have installed. 

22 hours ago, spikyone said:

Had mine done today (thanks @Mike@TD.co.uk!) and I’ve just been out for a late night blast to see how it felt on some empty roads nearby. From a motorway drive back from Warrington I had the impression that it felt better throughout the rev range - not just where the dip used to be, but even below the dip where the graphs show no difference in torque. The quick blast confirmed that feeling, but also highlighted that the engine feels a lot more flexible and just picks up the revs from anywhere on the tacho.

It’s a bit chilly and I’m still on Primacies, but the added urgency shows off the chassis balance even more. Coming off roundabouts the extra torque made it feel like I was in a lower gear. It was probably helped by the catback, which went from “a bit noisy” doing a steady motorway cruise to “bloody hilarious” when driven enthusiastically (I’ll temper the “bit noisy” part by saying that I’d recently installed the Mishimoto induction hose, which had taken away the previous motorway-speed noise. If I’d fitted the induction hose at the same time as the catback it would be more like a change in the noise rather than being noticeably louder)

Mike tempted me with the MTEC shift springs too, which turned the stock car’s very good gearshift into an exceptional gearshift. I’m amazed by how much quicker and more precise it feels, and I didn’t think that was possible. On first impressions it’s also taken away the slight feeling that something was scratching when going across the box (1-2, 3-4, and 5-6). I would certainly recommend that to anyone, even someone who wasn’t planning any performance modifications.

Getting closer to take the plunge myself. Hanging back because it’s a long drive from Bristol. 

Did you go EL or UEL? 

Got my EL installed today from Mike. Brilliant job! 2nd cat in place and miltek resonated exhaust sounds amazing. I really wanted the UEL but it wasn't in the deal. After having the EL I like the sound more than I thought I would. No regrets. 4-5 hour drive from where I live. I also got to go out in Mike's stage 2 GT86 and man does it move. Impossible not to grin while in the seat.

Anyway, the torque dip has been removed completely and the car feels like it breaths freely and not choking with a torque dip. That's the best way to describe it. Nice linear power delivery. I have sounds clips I'll post tomorrow for those interested. 

13 hours ago, Mike KTM said:

Getting closer to take the plunge myself. Hanging back because it’s a long drive from Bristol. 

Did you go EL or UEL? 

I did the Black Friday deal so EL, which I wanted anyway. I'm in Swindon and can promise the drive was worth it. I booked into a cheap hotel the night before.

Like @LeviDane I also got a ride in the turbo car and it's an absolute blast. Like the NA kit but even more so. It was so well sorted that from the passenger seat it felt like it pulled as smoothly as a supercharged car. Really impressed with what they've done.

Thank you for every bodies kind comments regarding the package :) We're working our way through the Black Friday bookings and are nearing the end of the list now, manifolds are again in production to boost stock levels and keep waiting times as low as possible.

Anyone with any questions or queries, please do ask. The ever growing list of people running our tuning package is excellent to see :D 

Thanks

Mike

31 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

Thank you for every bodies kind comments regarding the package :) We're working our way through the Black Friday bookings and are nearing the end of the list now, manifolds are again in production to boost stock levels and keep waiting times as low as possible.

Anyone with any questions or queries, please do ask. The ever growing list of people running our tuning package is excellent to see :D 

Thanks

Mike

Can I have a sticker in Feb? :D