nascency

Cosworth Exhaust/Manifold

Just a heads up/fyi if you are going down the Cosworth route.

I was part way through installing the Cosworth kit, already have the cat back and mid pipe/sports cat and I've found out it's very hard/impossible to get hold of the manifold. I've just ended up having to install the HKS manifold instead. (Will see how it sounds...)

Yeah we had another member who managed to get hold of one of the last manifolds in the country for his 2.3 install, struggled to get hold of it.

Did you go straight in to 1.2 or did you have the catback for a bit first then installed the midpipe? I'm looking at adding the midpipe to my own but would like an opinion on the noise change from someone who already did that change.

On 10/06/2016 at 2:00 PM, Steeps said:

Yeah we had another member who managed to get hold of one of the last manifolds in the country for his 2.3 install, struggled to get hold of it.

Did you go straight in to 1.2 or did you have the catback for a bit first then installed the midpipe? I'm looking at adding the midpipe to my own but would like an opinion on the noise change from someone who already did that change.

It sounds cleaner with the midpipe less high pitch rattle.

Hi there.

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but just curious how many DB’s your exhaust system was with the Cossie 1.2 exhaust before/after the hks manifold?

I’m contemplating the cossie 1.2 but want to stay clear of any db limits on track.

Listening to videos of stage 1.2 on youtube it sounds quite loud/Honda-esque. But 1.3 sounds ear piercing!

So I bit the bullet and got the Cossie Catback.

Gonna fit it this weekend and then test the db.

As long as its not too loud i’ll then order a midpipe too.

Anyone heard of these systems getting stress cracks?

Chap I bought it off said it was the 2nd Cosworth system he had. Showed me the first one and it was coming apart at every weld. He believes it’s because the system has no flexi pipe so it vibrates itself to bits.

if/when i get the midpipe i may cut out a section and weld in a flexi pipe.