Mike@TD.co.uk

MFactory Final Drive Kits in stock at Tuning Developments for GT86 and BRZ

Afternoon everyone,

We keep these on the shelf in both options :) As with all MFactory products the quality is excellent and these are no exception!

4.44 Final Drive GT86/BRZ

4.67 Final Drive GT86/BRZ

Final%20Drive%20MFactory%20GT86%20BRZ%20

Fitting is available in house or UK Mainland Next Day Delivery is also available :) For fitting quotes please drop me a PM, email or give me a call on 01925 822 266.

Click Me For 4.44 Final Drive

Click Me For 4.67 Final Drive

Thanks

Mike

2 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

All in stock Jeff :) Give me a shout whenever or i'll see you at the open day?

I'm due at yours on the Saturday before the meet for some bushes to be fitted so maybe we can have a chat then?

Already booked in for a change to 4.67 at the end of the month.

Those of you considering changing FD ratio should find this spreadsheet I made useful:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87478421/GT86_Ratios_and_Tractive_Effort.xlsx

I was originally concerned about the revs being too high at motorway speeds with a 4.67, but at 70mph its only ~400rpm more in 6th.

With the 4:67 the cars still got a top speed of ~150mph which is probably faster than you'll reach at most circuits. I'd have liked this at Bedford as I was hit 136mph rev limit in 5th right before the braking zone. 

21 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'd have thought that was a little short on a SC car?

I concur (for a manual). Shame about no 4.56, I reckon 4.67 would be a little too lairy and drink fuel for daily driving on an SC. I think 4.44 would still be a good upgrade, especially if more boost is on the horizon.

On auto has put revs up by about 400/ 500rpm and fuel consumption dropped by 3mpg only on long run. Worth noting though you do get small whine noise being helical gear but not as loud as straight cut but it's not to intrusive.

2 minutes ago, Varelco said:

What's the stock FD?

4.1 IIRC

13 minutes ago, MikeB said:

On auto has put revs up by about 400/ 500rpm and fuel consumption dropped by 3mpg only on long run. Worth noting though you do get small whine noise being helical gear but not as loud as straight cut but it's not to intrusive.

Will have to see how the ride goes then to see what this whine is like

Is this mod worthwhile on a daily drive? I do quite a bit of commuting with mine but I've only ever heard good things about fitting a shorter FD. For you guys who have these fitted what's the typical all in cost?

Is this mod worthwhile on a daily drive? I do quite a bit of commuting with mine but I've only ever heard good things about fitting a shorter FD. For you guys who have these fitted what's the typical all in cost?

I've got 4.67 on my daily. It's fine if not better. More usable torque in higher gears for easier overtaking with no shift down.

It's a great mod. 4.44 might not be as noticeable vs cost.