@kurosagi01 I bought the Corsair Strafe RGB Silent (photo's in above post): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0153MTZTQ/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1467140788&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+strafe&condition=new its reasonably silent, however I have nothing to compare it against. Loving it so far.

I'd consider myself quite computer savvy but even I don't know what you geeks are on about :P  Am I the only one who buys a keyboard based soley on it's looks and how complex and techy it looks :lol:  I need a new keyboard and mouse actually so carry on....more suggestions please :D

22 hours ago, Keethos said:

I'd consider myself quite computer savvy but even I don't know what you geeks are on about :P  Am I the only one who buys a keyboard based soley on it's looks and how complex and techy it looks :lol:  I need a new keyboard and mouse actually so carry on....more suggestions please :D

Lol when it comes to mouse you can't really go wrong with any of them to be honest but with keyboard its all preference in comfort and some people prefer long press/short press on key,quiet keys and of course cosmetics lol.

Mouse is generally more on the ergonomics for me. I would prefer to go into a store and try a few mice first. I eventually settled on the Logitech G502. I tend to rest my palm on the mouse, and have relatively big hands, so needed something long enough that my wrist isn't dragging along the desk.

Keyboards are a different story. Once you delve into the world of mechanical keys, everyone develops a favourite, and because certain keyboards only come with certain switches (unless you go for something more customisable like Ducky), it really does narrow your choice down. 

I went into Overclockers in Newcastle on Lyme, they have a shop full of keyboards and mice, and stations for you to play games on. I just chose a few I liked and played a game of BF on their rig.

I don't know i'd say ergonomics is a thing for both keyboards and mice. I don't like keyboards with bits hanging off them or with Macro keys, they get in the way. Similarly with mice, my first proper mouse for gaming was an IME 3.0 (It was hands down better than any gaming mouse on the market tbh since laser mice were shite back then and it sat in the palm nicely. It was either people had an IME or a Logitech mouse if you generally had a larger palm. I had a dismondback after this and soon binned it for the deathadder which was similar to the IME 3.0. I now have a SS Rival which although the side buttons are positioned slightly it's still a similar shape though perhaps a little larger.

You also have to consider what sensor the mouse has, here is a good list of mice worth having and some of their issues and best polling rates to run them on to run correctly to get 100% tracking rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

@rob275 - you and I have a very similar mouse history. I loved my Intellimouse until it was hideously discoloured and filthy, then I moved on to Deathadders. A brief dalliance with a Logitech mouse ended soon enough. I cleaned up the switches on it but it was only a temporary fix for wild clicking.

For work I use a MS natural keyboard which has kept me pain free for a decade, but they're hopeless for gaming.

Nothing has come close to the MX510/518 (£20) in terms of comfort and affordability for a mouse. I used to work in a PC hardware shop where I'd test all the RMA'ed gamer mice (RATS, Razer, etc) and always felt better with a 518 in hand. Unfortunately Logitech have followed the trend by tripling the price and adding lights everywhere so I've just been buying cheap mice. I swap between a £10 "ozone", £20 Roccat and £25 logitech g500s... but still keep my dead mx518 hoping one day something will come along similar.

Keyboards... my current one has flat laptop style keys and cost a massive £8. I've had it 4 years now and 2 spares in case it dies. I've always liked flat keyboards since getting a Logitech UltraX at £20. When that got a soaking in Ribena it was replaced with a cheap Logitech G15 which was too bulky/didn't like it. Not tried a mechanical keyboard since we last bought one in 1989.

I'm still using my MX510 at work, it's an excellent mouse. I have a Logitech G9 at home, it's the only thing I've found that's better so far.

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

I don't know i'd say ergonomics is a thing for both keyboards and mice. I don't like keyboards with bits hanging off them or with Macro keys, they get in the way. Similarly with mice, my first proper mouse for gaming was an IME 3.0 (It was hands down better than any gaming mouse on the market tbh since laser mice were shite back then and it sat in the palm nicely. It was either people had an IME or a Logitech mouse if you generally had a larger palm. I had a dismondback after this and soon binned it for the deathadder which was similar to the IME 3.0. I now have a SS Rival which although the side buttons are positioned slightly it's still a similar shape though perhaps a little larger.

You also have to consider what sensor the mouse has, here is a good list of mice worth having and some of their issues and best polling rates to run them on to run correctly to get 100% tracking rate.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZzbKDmFOqsP_ut2RdctD01OEbZzbXol6HLwqVkSmZcg/edit#gid=0

I wasn't saying ergonomics aren't important for keyboards, but in my eyes not nearly AS important as a mouse. The mouse is something you hold in your hand, and everyone's hands are different. The keyboard is just something you rest on and occasionally press.

That being said, there are some aspects of modern keyboards I would never avoid from an ergonomic standpoint. For example, some of these Logitech/Corsair keyboards with huge wrist rests in front of the keys, or huge panels of macro keys along the top or down one side. Just completely irrelevant. Of course, it's all personal preference.

When it comes to mice, the most important thing for me, without a doubt, is the feel when using it. Just try and use a RAT mouse with big hands and you'll know what I mean. Sensors are of course a consideration, but most modern mice have customisable polling rates and DPI settings, so I would much prefer to have to spend an hour playing with settings on a comfortable mouse, than buy a less comfortable one just for a slightly better sensor.

Well what a day, as some of you know I was at Tuner Fest north today. Anyway afterwards I decided with @Keethos to visit Scan.co.uk in Bolton as its only down the road (sort of) from Oulton Park. I was hoping they'd have a 4k monitor I was interested in the ASUS PG27AQ. Anyway we get there and I find on hiding round the corner with overwatch running. My initial impressions are, for a 27" it doesn't actually look that big (plus for me) and wow the picture quality is amazing. Anyway after playing Overwatch on it for abit and me trying to decide if I wanted one. I just thought **** it, lets get it. So now im £££ lighter and have a huge monitor in my face. 

It's now I realise it might be slightly too big lol. I'm hoping to wall mount it which should actually move it back about 3" which will help massively. Anyway here's a photo:

IMG_3308.jpg

Beautiful monitor. When they first announced it I was ready to place my order, assuming it was 120Hz, but alas, I was wrong.

For the time being, I'm sticking with my PG278Q until a decent 4k 120+Hz monitor comes out. I've had 4k monitors in the past, but there just is no substitute for framerate in my eyes.

That did cross my mind when looking, but my old monitor was only 60Hz. Sure I could have got a 4K TN panel with higher Hz, but I'd rather have the IPS panel for photo editing.

I've toyed about upgrading to 4k of a 32" widescreen curved jobby but haven't bothered yet. My 24" 120hz monitor cost a fair bit back in the day. That Asus monitor has great reviews though and it's highly rated. 

Had to fork out for a new PSU today :( Mine has been playing up for a few weeks and it just wouldn't boot my pc today so i ripped it out and done a fan test on it. It was doing some odd things like managing to power up the fan even with the power disconnected lol. Luckily its under warranty but i amazon primed one to my door anyway because I cant live without PC!

Just now, will300 said:

That did cross my mind when looking, but my old monitor was only 60Hz. Sure I could have got a 4K TN panel with higher Hz, but I'd rather have the IPS panel for photo editing.

Yeah, it honestly depends on what you use it for. When I bought my 1440p 144Hz Swift, I was playing BF4 every day, so the refresh rate was more appealing (especially with SLI 970's, 144 fps wasn't really a challenge). 

On the flip side, my dad cursed me when I sold the 4k, cause he's big into photography and loved editing on it.

3 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I've toyed about upgrading to 4k of a 32" widescreen curved jobby but haven't bothered yet. My 24" 120hz monitor cost a fair bit back in the day. That Asus monitor has great reviews though and it's highly rated. 

Had to fork out for a new PSU today :( Mine has been playing up for a few weeks and it just wouldn't boot my pc today so i ripped it out and done a fan test on it. It was doing some odd things like managing to power up the fan even with the power disconnected lol. Luckily its under warranty but i amazon primed one to my door anyway because I cant live without PC!

You may wanna try curved first. They're great for specific applications (i.e. sitting DIRECTLY in front at a pre-determined distance away), but in a lot of instances they're a little odd. The idea is to immerse you, so if you're not in the mood to be immersed, they're just worse in every way than a flat monitor, especially viewing angle (if laid in bed or something).

@will300 Funny that you mention the size didn't look that big the monitors always look small when they are next to load of other monitors/TVs in stores,but when you take one yourself back home it looks huge because there is less spacing around it. :D Monitor looks amazing though,i'm currently using a 27" budget curved monitor at the moment which i'm pretty happy with,has 1 HDMI port for my PS4 and Display port for my PC,sadly i'm restricted to 1920x1080 though but im cool with that since i won't ever be running a GTX1080 or something.

Just ordered a MG24UQ basically a 24" version of the PG27AQ, will do a mini comparison of both monitors. I'll then need to decide which one to keep lol.

4 minutes ago, Steeps said:

Keep both, multi monitors are awesome!

If I was to dual screen I wouldn't want two different size monitors. Beside I can't really afford both, because car parts :)

I still can't believe you've ordered a smaller one....big is always better :P  (coming from a guy who sits very close to a 51" plasma for TV, Games and PC use :lol::blink:)

Was pretty impressed with the Scan store, it was pretty big with lots to see....though for some reason primarily corsair keyboards and mice....but they had rows of PC's all lined up for LAN parties, a corner with a project and sensors for a HTC Vive....someone was even playing a game on there....wanted a go but they were close to closing :(  They even had some sort of computer desks worth about £11k....something like this:

900x900px-LL-a8c19f55_419093_15189736493

as well as a swordfish PC desk worth god knows how much:

SCAN Swordfish PC Desk

The rest of my weekend was sadly spent watching YouTube video's after YouTube videos of keyboard and mouse reviews :(  But I finally brought and received what I think was a great choice with the help of Rob and Will.

13662156_10154515704587018_3172217179582

After owning a Logitech diNovo Keyboard and MX Laser Mouse combo for god knows how many years (I fear it might be close to 10 years), I decided try out a mechanical keyboard (always used flat laptop style keyboards) so I've brought myself a Ducky One keyboard....wanted brown switches to begin with (as while at scan, I had a play with some different ones) but I went with the safe bet of red switches instead as I've heard numerous people say browns are great for typing but can be a pain for holding keys down for gaming compared to the reds.  Still getting used to the high keys....and the increase in volume....but hey ho.  Main reason I went with the Ducky keyboard is because I need my keyboard to be detachable from the keyboard end as it will need to be removed from the table top whenever I whip the steering wheel out :P 

My MX Laser mouse died a while back and was replaced by a R.A.T.9 mouse which was on sale at the time, awesome looking mouse, very cool with all the adjustments etc but like @S18 RSG mentioned, not great for big hands and palm grips.  Replacing this really took a lot of time as there was so many out there, was keen on the new G900 but worried it might be too small for my hands, loved the feel of the MX Master but it's not really a gaming mouse, currently own a G700 for work and again, prefer the feel of a larger mouse.  The alternative was a Razer Deathadder or Mamba but again went with a safe bet from Rob and went with the SteelSeries Rival 300.  I must be getting old as both keyboard and mouse have no thrills, no complex look to them, just very simple and functional.  So far so good but we'll see how we get on in the long run.

Do want that table/case :P lol playing on 50" up close is blinding for my liking and thats some nice piece of kit there @Keethos , if i had a desk size to fit comp case and show off components i think i found the most ideal case:

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/thermaltake-ca-1g4-00m1wn-00-core-p3-atx-case-black-acrylic-window-wall-mountable-hd-audio-2xusb-20-

Another note..anyone playing Pokemon Go on their phones,seems to be the rave at the moment in terms of mobile gaming,im too preoccupied with Dragonball Z Dokkan Battle and then this Friday Monster Hunter Generation X on 3DS.

Lol, I actually used to hord things to watch for when I'm away on business but more recently I've been taking my PS4 with me and the company projector I even specifically changed mobile network to 3 for unlimited data, even though 3 have a 9gb tethering limit, for some reason tethering the PS4 doesn't count and another note, if you're staying in a premier inn, the Internet (even the paid version) is restricted to general web browsing only so no online gaming etc....not sure about PC online gaming but no PSN.

This is where offline games come in handy which there isn't that many these days for this generation of games,which is why in my opinion a classic NES would come in handy since its small and probably can fit in small zipper compartment of your bag lol.

PC gaming is out of question unless you want folk out £800+ on a gaming laptop lol,im tempted to get myself a £500 or less laptop again just for using it to look at walkthroughs and trophy checklist when im playing PS4,watch HD videos and maybe light work if i have to travel with my job.