Sign in to follow this  
Squadrone Rosso

Seen at Geneva yesterday. Toyota C-HR

19 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Not sure what you all see in it. Messy and confused lines and not enough glass. Looks heavy.

Agree it looks like a Honda but they've increasingly gone to pot too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know what you are saying, but most of the positive comments are coming from people who have seen it in the flesh.  Also the colour affects the look. What colour have you seen "in the flesh"?  I have tried not to like it, so I don't spend the money, but...........another longer test drive next week beckons.

Only saw one from a distance... I'll have another look then.

I did like the current Prius in the metal. It's unusual and interesting in a way Citroens used to be...

Even the GT86 is better in real life then in photos - can look blander in print.

Anyhow - who cares if I think it's pig ugly - beauty in eye of beholder and all that. I have a crush on the Citroen C4 Cactus and the BMW i3 so I'm no one to talk...

It's certainly not boring - that's for sure. If it appeals to you you should go for it

(Not helping am i?)

17 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Only saw one from a distance... I'll have another look then.

I did like the current Prius in the metal. It's unusual and interesting in a way Citroens used to be...

Even the GT86 is better in real life then in photos - can look blander in print.

Anyhow - who cares if I think it's pig ugly - beauty in eye of beholder and all that. I have a crush on the Citroen C4 Cactus and the BMW i3 so I'm no one to talk...

It's certainly not boring - that's for sure. If it appeals to you you should go for it emoji41.png

(Not helping am i?)

I think you are helping, because it is very easy to get swept away based on a few considerations.  Looking at this marmite design from a different viewpoint does help to ensure all aspects are fully considered.  I would really like a 2.0 petrol, as available in some markets I believe.

I'm a bit of a convert to the hybrid power train. Driven it quite a bit in the Auris and Lexus CT200. Hated the Lexus because it's such a mess as a design - but the Auris I liked a lot.

My dad just bought a hybrid Auris tourer and he likes it a lot.

Obviously a totally different proposition to the 86 but the C-HR isn't a sports car, and the hybrid is a wonderfully relaxed and smooth way to motor.

Comes into its own in town or stop-start traffic rather than on a run. Seemed to do 50mpg no matter what the traffic conditions.

I like where Toyota are at, they seem to be doing a good job of making some more interesting cars. I really like the look of the C-HR and the new Prius is striking too (how cool are those rear lights). Especially compared to the likes of Audi for example, whose styling to me is extremely dull, they tend to tweak the grill and lights ever so slightly and call it "new"

Hey, nothing wrong with a yellow car!!! In a weird way, I like the "idea" of the Cactus, don't get me wrong, I would definitely not want one.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

By the way, Toyota released two new sites in JP for the TRD and Modellista versions :)

From my EXTREMELY limited Japanese, looks like there's no mention at all about the engine. Could probably have said they're keeping the same engine choices...

http://trdparts.jp/c-hr/index.html

http://www.modellista.co.jp/product/c-hr/index.html

Why is the rear visibility so awful on so many modern cars? All that metal in the rear three quarters doesn't do much for the looks in any case. Just put some more glass in there!

One of the points of having an SUV is the elevated driving position and great view. These coupe/SUV mash ups seem to offer the worst of all worlds. (See also Range Rover Evoque etc etc)

3 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Why is the rear visibility so awful on so many modern cars? All that metal in the rear three quarters doesn't do much for the looks in any case. Just put some more glass in there!

One of the points of having an SUV is the elevated driving position and great view. These coupe/SUV mash ups seem to offer the worst of all worlds. (See also Range Rover Evoque etc etc)

From everything i've heard & been told the visibility out of the rear is fantastic.

1 hour ago, rob275 said:

From everything i've heard & been told the visibility out of the rear is fantastic.

Yes Rob, it is surprisingly good.  I was not expecting much at all.  It is still a lot of metal on those rear corners though.

I initially thought I wanted one as a daily, to replace my excellent Fiat Panda Cross.

663cab5a03aa4add4b1776855f25a66f.jpg

However, the engine & transmission choices are seriously flawed IMO & the price point is about £3k too high.

Why no manual 1.2 4WD with decent tyres?!?!

More of a fashion statement than a vehicle with any real purpose.