Paul

Paul's Pearl White '86

8 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Good news. :)

I really wish Mark would fit my dash cam! Only two years and still waiting! 

I hope all is good for Saturday. Bet you cannot wait! :)

It'll be Monday as on-call this weekend. But no, cannot wait.

14 hours ago, Lauren said:

Good news. :)

I really wish Mark would fit my dash cam! Only two years and still waiting! 

I hope all is good for Saturday. Bet you cannot wait! :)

any reason you can't fit it yourself? they are very simple and straight forwards to put in

59 minutes ago, Tareim said:

any reason you can't fit it yourself? they are very simple and straight forwards to put in

He did the wiring loom thing for it about a year ago, that's as far as it's got. So I couldn't easily take over. 

5 hours ago, Lauren said:

He did the wiring loom thing for it about a year ago, that's as far as it's got. So I couldn't easily take over. 

Can't just run it into the cig lighter in the glovebox?

Sorry again to hear this Paul and sorry to hear that you've had another accident but lucky for you it was the Yaris (don't know if you remember Kristov4, he had his fixed then got rear ended shortly after picking her up if I recall correctly).  Are you just fixing it or will you be getting RRG to add any new bits?

@DanJ - To answer your question, if you bulk by insurance from Morris, you don't have to give tracks and dates straight away but it might exclude some tracks.

55 minutes ago, Paul said:

Can't just run it into the cig lighter in the glovebox?

I don't have wires in sight in my cars. That would just look rubbish. All the wiring would need to be hidden. Mark also wired the USB port so that it would provide power for charging again which he spliced all in to the back of the feed to my head unit, so the camera is all wired into that. Well, at least it would be if he had actually fitted it. 

46 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Sorry again to hear this Paul and sorry to hear that you've had another accident but lucky for you it was the Yaris (don't know if you remember Kristov4, he had his fixed then got rear ended shortly after picking her up if I recall correctly).  Are you just fixing it or will you be getting RRG to add any new bits?

@DanJ - To answer your question, if you bulk by insurance from Morris, you don't have to give tracks and dates straight away but it might exclude some tracks.

I looked into a few bits such as a carbon fibre boot but nothing worked out to be cost effective and I can't spend beyond the price of the repair itself. Everything for the car will be on hold for a while.

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

I don't have wires in sight in my cars. That would just look rubbish. All the wiring would need to be hidden. Mark also wired the USB port so that it would provide power for charging again which he spliced all in to the back of the feed to my head unit, so the camera is all wired into that. Well, at least it would be if he had actually fitted it. 

You can wire a dashcam in fine with the 12v in the glove box without leaving wires exposed (except for one running from behind the rear view mirror but that's always going to be visible)

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

I hid my wires in the headlining & A pillar into the glove box, the only wire you'd see is coming from the camera into the headlining

8 hours ago, Tareim said:

I hid my wires in the headlining & A pillar into the glove box, the only wire you'd see is coming from the camera into the headlining

Same. Through the back of the glove box so you can't see anything. 

On 2017-7-12 at 8:38 AM, Rich said:

Been thinking I should get a dash cam, your experiences are making me really want one now.

Almost had to add another experience to your list. Some blithering idiot in an Audi decided to come in to my lane (completely...) with me half way along her car... managed to brake and swerve and avoid her just about!

Looks like collection is now going to be around 1st August mark. Few delays here and there and the main GT86 tech is off until 31st and Rich would prefer a perfect mechanical inspection prior to pickup.

22 minutes ago, HariboPenguin said:

Nice to see it back and looking good as new again :)

Must be quite a culture shock after 2 months of driving a Yaris lol

First 10 mins were not the smoothest.... :unsure: