Paul

Paul's Pearl White '86

2 hours ago, Mike said:

In terms of that cover, does that mean they'll pay up to £14k (minus excess) to fix it? I'd prefer that over something like Greenlight (I believe they just treat it like a road accident so anything approaching 10k would be written off?)

Yes. You state how much cover you want and they insure on that basis.

7 minutes ago, maurice said: It would be worth clarifying with the insurer that you aren't under insuring. 

I.e. If the car is worth 20k, and you have 10k cover, an insurer may decide you are under insured and may only pay 50% of any claim. 

I will check if I was to go ahead. Certainly with Morris I spoke to a chap and gave him car value and value of insurance and he was happy with it. Think I was quote £450 for 6 trackdays in that case. 

Did you have to specify the dates for all the days, or can you buy a block and call them off as you use them?

Are moris ever going to start offering cover again? They are cheap, but they've been "updating the underwriters" or whatever they're doing for about 6 months now.

7 minutes ago, maurice said: It would be worth clarifying with the insurer that you aren't under insuring.  I.e. If the car is worth 20k, and you have 10k cover, an insurer may decide you are under insured and may only pay 50% of any claim. 

I will check if I was to go ahead. Certainly with Morris I spoke to a chap and gave him car value and value of insurance and he was happy with it. Think I was quote £450 for 6 trackdays in that case. 

Did you have to specify the dates for all the days, or can you buy a block and call them off as you use them?

Just need to call them to let them know the day before I think.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Maybe the insurance talk should be moved out of Paul's thread? Kind of rubbing salt in the wound.

Yes thats a good idea. Sorry Paul.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No worries guys, just keep kicking the man while he's down. 

All part of the service :-)

Any news from RRG on repairs yet?

2 hours ago, DanJ said:

All part of the service :-)

Any news from RRG on repairs yet?

Tomorrow lunchtime I should have the verdict.

Had the full assessment and estimate through and given the go ahead to start work, vehicle is being transferred to the body shop and assuming there's no further hidden damage, I should have it back in 4-6 weeks. I'm targeting a return to form for Simply Japanese on 30th July. Not planning any upgrades as the costs of a carbon bootlid etc outweighs the OEM replacement + paint.

Bill is slightly less than first thought and Rich said he'd try to keep the costs down where possible, still a hefty whack though but at least when I get it back I'll be sure it's back to full health.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Are you getting a new boot lid Primo style or the normal/original one? 

I've requested a Primo one as my current one has no holes in. It comes unpainted anyway apparently so dont see why it should be drilled.

As if my luck couldn't get any worse, some daft bint pulled across me on a roundabout this morning and smashed into my courtesy Yaris! At this point I may just stop driving completely!

38 minutes ago, Paul said:

As if my luck couldn't get any worse, some daft bint pulled across me on a roundabout this morning and smashed into my courtesy Yaris! At this point I may just stop driving completely!

Well can't call you Lucky can we how's the proper car coming along?

4 hours ago, Paul said:

well at least it was the courtesy car and not your gt86

5 hours ago, Paul said:

Nightmare. I managed to reverse the courtesy Yaris into a Merc last week within half an hour of leaving RRG (don't ask!). Cue £500 excess to add to my bill, clearly my fault of course. Good news that the courtesy cars have the dash cam, so you should be absolved of fault. No idea if you have to pay the excess until they sort it out though. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

Nightmare. I managed to reverse the courtesy Yaris into a Merc last week within half an hour of leaving RRG (don't ask!). Cue £500 excess to add to my bill, clearly my fault of course. Good news that the courtesy cars have the dash cam, so you should be absolved of fault. No idea if you have to pay the excess until they sort it out though. 

Good news is I've already heard from the lady's insurer and she's admitted full fault (I suppose pointing out the dashcam in the Yaris may have had a factor in that). Her insurance said that they pay the excess so even if I do have to pay it initially it'll be refunded, I guess Rich will just add it onto the bill!

Getting a dashcam just jumped to #1 in my amazon wishlist.