Paul

Paul's Pearl White '86

My future brother-in-law has been over for Xmas so today was the perfect opportunity to rope him into some "quality time" modifying the new car. He used to do plenty of bits on his old KA so is used to a bit of drilling and sticking here and there! :)

New TRD spoiler:

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

HKS oil billet cap:

IMG_1431.jpg

Toyota armrest:

IMG_1433.jpg 

All 3 bits look brilliant and I can't wait to keep making changes! I took quite a few members of the family out for a spin the last few days and everyone loves the car. :D

1 hour ago, Maxwellphillips said:

Looks good! I'm looking into both spoiler and arm rest, but I'm not sure how the spoiler looks in person, not sure if I want something more duck taily. Is the arm rest worth £100? 

It's good quality and looks the part. Bit tricky to install with a single person IMHO. For my arms it means I can relax totally with my elbow comfortable on the leather padding. It also makes the cabin look a bit neater and more expensive. Pretty happy with it.

Santa was a bit late but my new Valenti Tail lights arrived today, managed to get off work early to as soon as I got home out came the tool kit. Started by disconnecting the battery (first time I've ever done this in a car):

IMG_1444.jpg

Decided to follow a youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jrFASjxwWQ) so removed the plastic cover for the rear bootlid socket:

IMG_1445.jpg

Had a bit of difficulty removing the plastic bolt covers but that was probably me being nervous and not wanting to break anything:

IMG_1446.jpg

Time for a ratchet spanner:

IMG_1447.jpg

All the nuts off so out comes the old OEM light (bit dirty underneath):

IMG_1448.jpg

Out with the old, in with the new:

IMG_1450.jpg

And simply reversed the process to fit the new light:

IMG_1452.jpg
IMG_1454.jpg

At this point the rain started coming down so I decided to rotate the car around so the rearend was under my front porch and I could fit the second light. Chucked all my tools and stuff in the boot and closed it and.....oh, the battery's disconnected. Bugger.

Cue scrambling through the back of the car in the pouring rain to pull down the seats to grab my socket set to reconnect the battery and actually move the car....

A fair amount of time (and one slightly irritated wife later) the second light was fitted:

IMG_1456.jpg

Absolutely over the moon with how they look, the clear white LED strip against the white paint is exactly the look I was after:

IMG_1457.jpg

Got the bumper light left to fit tomorrow when daylight re-appears which is apparently a bit more involved, so will take some more pics as I go. :)

Woken up by the UPS guy delivering my struts this morning, decided since I was up anyway it might be worth doing something to the car, so fitted my strut brace:

strut_brace_fitted.png

And hood struts and bumper light fitted:

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

bumper%20light.jpg

Really impressed with the quality of the Grimmspeed struts and the Valenti bumper light matches the tail lights beautifully.

Spent Friday over at Abbey Motorsports reading a book and playing with the Izzy the dog:

IMG_1560.jpg

While I was there Mark and the guys were nice enough to do some work on my car, starting with the Tein Flex Z coilovers:

IMG_1555.jpg

Also had some SuperPro toe-adjustable camber arms fitted, and a new Perrin Cold Air Intake and Intake hose (sound generator delete):

IMG_1570.jpg

And then my new Rota Grids fitted and aligned and the car lowered by 20mm, here are some pics after I washed it yesterday:

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

Car handles so tight now, corners like it's on rails and the ride is so comfy, even better at absorbing the bumps than stock even though the car is 20mm lower. 

Plus the air intake sounds utterly mint, a loud steady grown from 3k upwards and I swear the throttle response is a bit sharper.

I'm not planning on anything else for a while, next set will be exhaust and a remap and then I'm pretty much done until I want to go FI. Need a few months to pay off this little lot first though. :)

With the Q300, really good. Would have been too quiet with the normal front pipe.When I move to a catless manifold I'll go back to a HFC front pipe.