Special K

Upgrade to the 'Forums'

The update has caused aggro for me. I can only reply on my mobile. On my desktop I can't reply to topics, very frustrating. I click on the text box but it won't allow me to type.  Anyone else have this issue? I've tried IE and Firefox and both the same. 

Try registering under a different name on your desktop. The system is as clunky as Oscar Pistorius without a prosthetic.

33 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Not really sure what you mean, it's exactly the same, bar the navigation and bug fixes. Nothing else has changed

the new content / unread content has changed for the worse

1 minute ago, Tareim said:

it's change, we don;t like change :P

I'd be happy to just have a list of the unread posts and get rid of the past hour, yesterday etc headings

Yeah - on the home page the recent posts layout seems better than the unread posts layout because of the lack of the past hour, yesterday, etc headings.

I can tell you don't like change :P Cool i'll look in to it, condensed view is the way forward though :) (For some reason this isn't default and there is currently no way of me making it default) once you have set it once it's fine though.

3 minutes ago, Keethos said:

top right hand corner of robs pic

there is expanded or condensed but no list view that I can see

1 minute ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Just wondering is there a "mark all posts read" button anywhere?

just next to unread content

I just want a list of updated threads, or recent threads. I don't want every single bloody post. I can't find how to do that in the 20 activity screen options that seem to have appeared.

I'm not against change but every update makes this place less user friendly. Handy if you're a computer nerd, not if you just want to quickly log on. I half agreed with the OP when this thread was created but now it's crap.

I'll also note that making posts becomes a fight, I can't manually use html inserts without it fighting me and it adding random repeats of words/letters I've typed is really annoying. The textbox sometimes has a mind of it's own so I often just give up....

It is odd that clicking the unread posts button and then clicking on a topic now takes you to the first page of the topic, which is a bit annoying as it didn't do that before. 

1 hour ago, Lauren said:

It is odd that clicking the unread posts button and then clicking on a topic now takes you to the first page of the topic, which is a bit annoying as it didn't do that before. 

If you click the star or dot on unread posts it'll take you to the last post made on the thread (provided you haven't already viewed the topic anyway).