Special K

Upgrade to the 'Forums'

Hate it.

Awful

Can only see the last 5-6-7 posts. Cannot follow my 'threads'

Spec K

Keith, to see posts you haven't caught up on you can click on "New Content"

http://www.gt86.org.uk/forums/new-content/

It has many filters you can filter by and adds more functionality than before, though I admit the aren't in your face as they were before. I'm working on this to make things easier.

As for following your threads, I don't see why? Click the "follow this" button on the top right of the threads.

I think it just needs a bit of getting used to, like Jordan said.

You're savvy. Others are not, and I am numero uno  of the 'clueless' pack.

One of the worst 'forum' facepages on the net, in my opinion . . worse than the dark side (now) by a  Wales/England score. 

Unfriendly in design, layout and displayed content.

Spec K

You're savvy. Others are not, and I am numero uno  of the 'clueless' pack.

One of the worst 'forum' facepages on the net, in my opinion . . worse than the dark side (now) by a  Wales/England score. 

Unfriendly in design, layout and displayed content.

Spec K

+1

It's just change and people not liking it. I'm getting on better with it, now I use the new content button. I did like that the old one listed all the active threads (without the detail) on the right hand side. 

I think it works really well on phones / tablets, etc and well enough on pc.

Phones are a verbal interface, tablets are for curing infections, pc stands for 'political correctness', a phrase that has lost its purpose (rather like this Forum upgrade)

If you like Facebook (a.k.a. washing your jockstrap in public) you'll love this new-look Forum. Needless to say, I don't - it is truncated and distilled down to an unrepresentative snapshot - like the front page of a newspaper with a big-breasted woman as its only 'gotcha'  . .  literally a mouth on display without teeth.

What next? - will we be forced to adopt Twitterspeak ?

Grumpy Old Git

The update has caused aggro for me. I can only reply on my mobile. On my desktop I can't reply to topics, very frustrating. I click on the text box but it won't allow me to type.  Anyone else have this issue? I've tried IE and Firefox and both the same. 

Phones are a verbal interface, tablets are for curing infections, pc stands for 'political correctness', a phrase that has lost its purpose (rather like this Forum upgrade)

If you like Facebook (a.k.a. washing your jockstrap in public) you'll love this new-look Forum. Needless to say, I don't - it is truncated and distilled down to an unrepresentative snapshot - like the front page of a newspaper with a big-breasted woman as its only 'gotcha'  . .  literally a mouth on display without teeth.

What next? - will we be forced to adopt Twitterspeak ?

Grumpy Old Git

You do have a way with words Keith:lol::lol:

I literally do not know what you're talking about, it currently displays EXACTLY what the old forum showed. 

Yep.

IE = 'Interface Excrement". '

CHROME - "Catch Herpes? Rubbish! Oh! My (gonads) Exploded . ."

Why are you defending the indefensible, Rob? It does NOT display what the old Forum showed. Because you've gone 64-bit interface/Windows10/whatever . . 

It is garbage. On my viewer (Firefox) It faces as a bulletin board. It is unrepresentative (look at Ian's links, all of which display perfectly on my viewer but our Forum doesn't - why?) 

Lose the Forum plot in favour of the savvy techies? Okay, it's up to you and the directors.

Grumpy Old Git