Mark@Abbey M/S

Harrop GT86 Eaton TVS1320

Due to the unstable world currency at the moment the Harrop SC price is going to have to rise a small amount.

Self Fit Harrop kit (SC unit and ECUTEK cable/license + base tune) has risen to £4699.74 inc vat

Drive in/out fitment at Abbey Motorsport inc tuning on our in house dyno has risen to £5422.86 inc vat  

;

Okay Sorry but we can ride the strengthening of the Aussie $ against our £ at the moment so the Harrop Kit is going to have to rise by £360-00 inc vat , once the currency's stabilise we will be dropping the price back down. I didn't want to do this but we just cant carry the original price any more.

Drive in/Drive out fitted costs is now £5782.86 inc vat

Self Fit kit is £5251.74 inc vat

ttps://www.harrop.com.au/shop/automotive-performance/superchargers/harrop-tvs2300/tvs1320-toyota-86-subaru-brz

Due to the Australia $ weakening a little against the UK £ these Harrop SC price has had a price reduction.

New price is £4882.01 inc vat for supply only.

Some more good information on the following site https://www.harrop.com.au/tvs86

We can supply self fit kits including a good base tune to be loaded into the car and can supply either a rented Ecutek cable/dongle or you can but a Dongle kit out right.

We can also fit the kit in house and tune the car on our in-house dyno.  

Cost for this includes and oil and filter change £5974.13.

Dyno plot of a Harrop with totally stock exhaust system

8JtHiE.jpg

Any questions ask away

Is anyone in the UK running a 65mm pulley on the Harrop kit? If so what are the power levels? And what's the current lead time? :ph34r:

Not supplied or fitted any 65mm pullies yet we feel running the stock pulley on the Harrop put the FA20 motor about at its safe limit , we tune for 200lb/ft measured on our Dynapack which is a calculated torque figures from the axle torque divided by the gear ratio's.

The Cossie SC car push the torque level a little further when measured on our Dynapack we see around 205/210 lb/ft measured at the hubs on the Full Cossie kit with the headers/exhaust fitted.

A built motor running the Harrop will come I do wish we had E85 in the UK thou as I know Harrop have pushed there car even further with the Harrop fitted on a 2.1 HKS motor with some Piper cams we supplied a few months ago. I know they have been seeing 450+ hub BHP.

5 minutes ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

Not supplied or fitted any 65mm pullies yet we feel running the stock pulley on the Harrop put the FA20 motor about at its safe limit , we tune for 200lb/ft measured on our Dynapack which is a calculated torque figures from the axle torque divided by the gear ratio's.

The Cossie SC car push the torque level a little further when measured on our Dynapack we see around 205/210 lb/ft measured at the hubs on the Full Cossie kit with the headers/exhaust fitted.

A built motor running the Harrop will come I do wish we had E85 in the UK thou as I know Harrop have pushed there car even further with the Harrop fitted on a 2.1 HKS motor with some Piper cams we supplied a few months ago. I know they have been seeing 450+ hub BHP.

Yeah my engine is being built at the moment. Hence the question about the 65mm pulley, so could potentially be looking at high 300's at the hubs taking to account the gain from E85 and the extra displacement? 

1 hour ago, TTR said:

Yeah my engine is being built at the moment. Hence the question about the 65mm pulley, so could potentially be looking at high 300's at the hubs taking to account the gain from E85 and the extra displacement? 

That will depend on what compression ratio pistons you're going for and any other changes like stroke etc.

43 minutes ago, knightryder said:

That will depend on what compression ratio pistons you're going for and any other changes like stroke etc.

Stoke is unchanged, bore is 86.5mm and the compression ratio is 10:1. It's similar to the Harrop dev car apart from the extra displacement. 

2 minutes ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

@TTR did we fit your Harrop SC unit , sorry can tie up TTR to a previous customer name with a Harrop?

Thanks

Nope, you did service my Subaru BRZ a while back though :lol:

Just weighing up my options for 400hp.

10 minutes ago, Mark@Abbey M/S said:

So you imported the Harrop in yourself?

Harrop car also runs the ACE Anocoda header and now piper cams.  I think your e pushing it to make 400bhp on the 98 fuel without the extra capacity and other supporting mods.

Nope, on an Avo Turbo at the moment but it's a bit choked up at the top end. Hence looking at other options. May be that a larger frame of Turbo is the only real route past 400hp :huh:

Will,  presume you have a ECUTEK licesne loaded;

So the kit including a safe start map (which will be locked to our Ecutek cable/dongle)   £4815-00 inc vat + shipping to you.

No stock at Harrop HQ at the moment thou.

Just done some working out I can now supply the Harrop kit for £4320-00 inc vat.

Any questions PM or email me

Thanks

Not much interest in this thread in recent times?  I've ordered my Harrop from Abbey and I'm looking forward to installation on 8/9 October.  Does anyone with a Harrop supercharger have any observations on reliability or performance so far?

3 hours ago, MartinT said:

Not much interest in this thread in recent times?  I've ordered my Harrop from Abbey and I'm looking forward to installation on 8/9 October.  Does anyone with a Harrop supercharger have any observations on reliability or performance so far?

Let us know how it goes! I was checking with Abbey some time ago as well but decided to wait, might do it again.
Are you having headers changed as well? I was thinking about it but bit scared the car will become way too loud as I already have a HKS cat back that is significantly louder than stock

I already have the TD UEL catless header installed, as well as their full catback exhaust with super-resonator.  I did try the standard resonator at first but it was too loud.  With the super-resonator and a bit of coking up through use, the car is just right in the noise department now.

2 minutes ago, MartinT said:

I already have the TD UEL catless header installed, as well as their full catback exhaust with super-resonator.  I did try the standard resonator at first but it was too loud.  With the super-resonator and a bit of coking up through use, the car is just right in the noise department now.

It'll get a bit louder with the supercharger. 

Yes, I anticipate that.  Has to be, since nothing in the exhaust changes but it can generate more power when hoofing it.

Conversely, wafting along gently should be no louder than before.

Yes, I anticipate that.  Has to be, since nothing in the exhaust changes but it can generate more power when hoofing it.
Conversely, wafting along gently should be no louder than before.
This is sort of true. At wot 5k standard track day test it should be about 3dB louder with +50% more airflow.

When cruising you are correct it shouldn't be as pronounced but it is still a tad louder due to a bit more load on the engine.

Yes, that's about right.  I remember from supercharging my Honda CR-Z that it was already quite loud and didn't get any louder when cruising.  Hard acceleration with the Sprintex, though, was a completely different matter.  The whine was incredible.