Mike@TD.co.uk

GT86 Turbo Kit & BRZ Turbo Kit from Tuning Developments

2 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

For those asking about this turbo kit with a UEL manifold, it's very possible you'll have some answers within the next 6 weeks :)

Yes!

Still gotta iron out some details, but I'm heading up to see Mike on Friday with the intention of having the money ready and waiting by then (just waiting to tie up a few loose ends my side first), in which case it'll be getting booked in for the earliest possible date :)

@Mike@TD.co.uk - Do you not think I'm having a hard enough time counting down the days already? And now you think it's "fair" to tease me by posting a video like that.

I feel some compensation coming my way with some discount. Claiming for emotional stress.

Am I right in thinking that the Manifold in this kit combined with the Secondary Decat pipe leaves the car with no Cat's? How badly does leaving the second cat in affect the possible power figures?

3 minutes ago, Adam9 said:

Am I right in thinking that the Manifold in this kit combined with the Secondary Decat pipe leaves the car with no Cat's? How badly does leaving the second cat in affect the possible power figures?

It would leave it without CATs yes. We wouldn't recommend leaving the second CAT in place when going forced induction, turbo or supercharged.

We do stock second decat pipes if needed :) 

Thanks

Mike

43 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

We wouldn't recommend leaving the second CAT in place when going forced induction, turbo or supercharged.

What would you recommend if someone wants to stay legal then? The stocker is good at keeping you legal and won't rob you of much power if not running crazy power.

1 hour ago, knightryder said:

What would you recommend if someone wants to stay legal then? The stocker is good at keeping you legal and won't rob you of much power if not running crazy power.

Strictly speaking removing the primary CAT would render it an MOT fail in some eyes, all down to the tester's perception of the guidelines.

Know of many using the stock 2nd CAT come MOT time and ensuring it is nice and warm when being tested.

2 hours ago, Foulsmell said:

A turbo application with a cat in place would be the perfect option for most but I don't know if it's possible?

Why's it not possible? As Mike said above, run the OEM 2nd cat, or find one that works well. If stock turbo Scoobies can pass MOT then there's no reason we shouldn't have a config that's both legal and doesn't steal a ton of power. I can understand that the piping might not be ideal sized for a turbo application but people make good power on SC cars with stock cats.

2 hours ago, Foulsmell said: A turbo application with a cat in place would be the perfect option for most but I don't know if it's possible?

Why's it not possible? As Mike said above, run the OEM 2nd cat, or find one that works well. If stock turbo Scoobies can pass MOT then there's no reason we shouldn't have a config that's both legal and doesn't steal a ton of power. I can understand that the piping might not be ideal sized for a turbo application but people make good power on SC cars with stock cats.

The reason why I said I didn't know if it was possible was because I really don't know if it is possible

Just that they all seem to be catless.

Has anyone got any track day intake temp data on this kit? Cheapest FI option for me and I'm like 3 months away from having the money for it :D

Worried it'll melt my engine bay too :lol:

20 minutes ago, TTR said:

Has anyone got any track day intake temp data on this kit? Cheapest FI option for me and I'm like 3 months away from having the money for it :D

Bonus points for anyway that redlines it :P

21 minutes ago, TTR said:

Bonus points for anyone that redlines it :P

You'll need to keep more of an eye on your engine oil temperature than the intake temperature Tashan. Intake temps are stable for long periods and generally run between 10c - 15c above ambient when on circuit.

27 minutes ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

You'll need to keep more of an eye on your engine oil temperature than the intake temperature Tashan. Intake temps are stable for long periods and generally run between 10c - 15c above ambient when on circuit.

That is very impressive indeed. Do you have any data logs from your development car to back that up? 

Finally managed a ride in  a TD Car a while back and absolutely loved it but I think the screamer pipe  might be a bit harsh for me. Is there any possibility of having the wastegate plumbed back in?