Currently:

Factory FA20

Factory Clutch

Factory Fuel Pump

Factory Injectors

Tuning Developments Turbo Kit

Tuning Developments Overpipe

Tuning Developments Second Decat

Tuning Developments CAT Back Exhaust (Resonated)

278bhp & 230lb.ft @ 5psi or 0.35bar Boost

Factory car made 184bhp & 160lb.ft

Increase of 94bhp & 70lb.ft

The Turbo Kit:

Equal length manifold

Uppipe with external wastegate takeoff

TiAL MVR 44m External Wastegate

Precision CEA Billet Turbo

3" Downpipe

Intercooler piping

Intercooler core

Oil feed line

Modified sump pan for oil return

Air Filter

Turbo blanket

Heat wrap

Fits with stock exhaust system, although we recommend aftermarket for power gains

Fits with stock radiator and cooling fans

The kit is priced at £4995.00 inc VAT, which is currently reduced to £4495.00 inc VAT. This is for a drive in, drive out turbo install, the turbo kit as listed above, with installation, ECUTeK license and remap including dyno time. Anyone wishing to have exhaust components at the same time can take advantage of free fitting of those  :)  Anyone who is already on ECUTeK Racerom can remove £180.00 from the cost of the kit (License fee). Finally anyone who is already using one of our manifolds please contact me for a discounted price which is currently £3850.00 as our manifold can be used for naturally aspirated or turbo  :)

Full write up is on our website: http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2366 

A short promo video is now also on YouTube - Footage is from our car at 5psi: 

Second short video with some 'real-world' footage & sound clips at 5psi: 

Stage 2 upgrades are also now well and truly underway! To read more, we've linked to page 2 here to make things easier :)

If anyone would like more information, feel free to PM me, drop me an Email on mike@tuningdevelopments.co.uk or give me a call on 01925 822 266. If anyone is interested in a demonstration or a closer look around the kit then this can be arranged by appointment, just give me a shout  :)

Thanks

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

Yes for sure Rob, we have fuel pump, injectors, clutch and boost solenoid ready to go on and then wind the boost up by a few more psi and hopefully get into the region of 320bhp at no more than 10psi on the stock motor.

Then it'll be forged rods and pistons which are sat on the shelf waiting to go in and wind the boost right up then and aim for a power output closer to the potential of the turbo itself  :)

Yes for sure Rob, we have fuel pump, injectors, clutch and boost solenoid ready to go on and then wind the boost up by a few more psi and hopefully get into the region of 320bhp at no more than 10psi on the stock motor.

Then it'll be forged rods and pistons which are sat on the shelf waiting to go in and wind the boost right up then and aim for a power output closer to the potential of the turbo itself  :)

Let me know when you're on to the forged part B)  

Ahh you have got to be kidding me?! A reasonably priced turbo kit in the UK which isn't an AVO?! 

Damn you guys if you had released this just 2 months earlier I would have been in there like swimwear. Had to go to the states for mine in the end :)

Looks awesome though guys.

Nevermind my SBD kit is fine for the time being. What power at the crank do you think it is safe to go up to before forging the bottom end... 330hp? 

I am running around 305 at the crank at the moment between 7-8 psi on an uprated clutch and flywheel and stock fuel system, but want to up that, and would happily choose you guys to custom map her when I get the necessary supporting engine stuff done.. is mapping a kit that isn't yours something you are happy doing? 

Thought it would be wise from now on considering you are fluent in Ecutek :)

Sorry James, we've been giving our kit a thorough beating, I mean testing to ensure it all behaves before releasing it. It would be good to get some data from your car and see how it compares, we're going to sort another open day after JAE, maybe pop up to that and have a chat?  :)

The turbo blankets we have some extras coming in next week so i'll let you know  ;)

That's okay Mike, it's best to do it that way rather than using customers as guinea pigs after all ;)

Yes that would be great I'll keep my eyes peeled for a date, will there be the potential there on the day for custom mapping too. See if any improvements can be had on my existing map? I already have a programming kit.

Would be good to hear your opinion on certain aspects of the turbocharging process though like internal stresses and thresholds etc.

Awesome just chuck me a PM or something then, just want to keep the engine bay temps down as much as possible :)

Good to have you back on the scene, Mike. :) Funnily enough I was at JP Exhausts today (for the AE86) they mentioned you. Would be interested to see what it drives like. Can do a review if you would like?

What power at the crank do you think it is safe to go up to before forging the bottom end... 330hp?

It's not power that will kill the rods, it's the torque. There are guys in the states running ~350bhp to the wheels without having to take the block apart. If your torque is all low down then don't expect the OEM rods to last.

It's not power that will kill the rods, it's the torque. There are guys in the states running ~350bhp to the wheels without having to take the block apart. If your torque is all low down then don't expect the OEM rods to last.

Thanks for that Steve, I have seen some big hp cars on stock blocks on the FT86 forum, but thought it just meant they were going to go bang much sooner. At the wheels I am making 200 lbs ft and beyond from 3800rpm onwards, so don't have a clue how close to the mark that is.

Would be good to hear your input on it too Mike, seeing as that is something you'll have to think about now when pushing your kit on the TD car :)

The way Mark explained it was shock loading with torque at lower RPM will stress the rods more than the same torque when the engine is already carrying more momentum at higher engine speeds. Think about how much power the Fensport car is throwing out, you just have to map the boost correctly so it's not a wallop at once at lower speeds. Also make sure you're running thicker oil, it seems that the new WRX is suggested to have 5W30 so I would suggest using that or bearing life will suffer.

For longevity, you just have to ensure good oiling and heat management as well as a tune that's not detonating. The OEM rods are ok to a point but if you want loads of torque at low RPM then you'll need stronger ones and you might as well drop the CR a little while your at it. In theory you'll lose some response by dropping the CR but then that's the sacrifice if you're chasing numbers.

Yes, we're keeping a close eye on data logs and have been testing for over 6 months with 6,000miles of use now and climbing on a daily basis. Nice thing about the ECUTeK software is the boost can be tailored rpm dependent as to help with this issue of torque. This is one of the main reasons we chose to go with an external wastegate, for precise control and more importantly, repeatable control. We'll be capping the torque at a safe level and then adding a small amount of boost in at higher rpm after the main peak torque curve. This will then give a really strong, flat torque curve across the entire rev range, and a very appealing power band.

We have swapped over to a 5w40 engine oil with our car, this is included within the turbo kit price quoted  :)

As Lauren said, nice to see you back on the forum Mike and shame we missed you last Japfest as we saw your car but not yourselves, hopefully see you this Sunday at Japfest 2.  Looking forward to having a go in this bad boy, interested in how it feels and sounds......am I right in assuming that since it has an external waste gate, the car can have a nice loud dump valve?  :D