Mike@TD.co.uk

GT86 Turbo Kit & BRZ Turbo Kit from Tuning Developments

A small update to our turbo package.

We're now able to offer the screamer pipe plumbed back into the downpipe for those that aren't a fan of the atmospheric screamer. Cost for this is £60.00 when booking in for a turbo kit and is aimed ideally at just the stage 1 kits. We do still recommend the atmospheric screamer for outright performance, especially for any of our stage 2 turbo setups.

Mike

12 hours ago, Paul said:

What does the screamer pipe do exactly and what difference does the 2 options make?

It's used with the waste gate to manage turbo speed - when you have more exhaust flow than is required to spin the turbo for the desired level of boost, the waste gate opens bypassing some of the flow. There are two options then, either dump it out a short pipe to the engine bay (screamer pipe), or loop a pipe around the turbo and have it rejoin the exhaust flow downstream (what OEMs use).

Screamer pipes are loud needless to say, and less environmentally friendly since they miss the cat (hence OEMs not using them), but lower back pressure (since it's just a piece of straight pipe).

10 hours ago, Lewis Hashbrown said:

Does anyone know how loud the car is with the screamer pipe? Like a decibel reading

I don't think Mike's ever clocked it - it would need to be a drive-by reading as the screamer is inactive unless you've got a fair amount of exhaust flow.

Christ, I was like is the camera looking the wrong way? Damn that’s bonkers loud!
I have one of these - its definitely not for those that want a sleeper. It's an awesome sound in person though

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Paul, you now have the option of doing away with the screamer and having it plumbed into the exhaust like stock cars with Turbo's.

Oh yeah I know, I was just curious how the screamer pipe sounded. :)