7 hours ago, Mike@TD.co.uk said:

We didn't want the cons of a plated type diff, the clunks and noises when maneuvering at low speeds and such like. We wanted a silent operating unit which we now have :) We're confident it'll be a noticeable improvement over the stock type diff, we'll report back once we've got some more mileage on it :) 

Try and get yourself a test ride in a few different setups, see what works for you, the joy of our setup is future proofing :)

Fair comment, that makes sense. I drove a Nissan GTR a couple of years ago and the rear diff in that was awful at low speed. I'm coming up for a 20k service so I may have to come your way for that and sample what you have to offer at the same time :)

6 hours ago, Tareim said:

does anyone have a decent link or is able to explain the differences between our torsen and the ATB diff that Mike is now using? I think I understand our diff doesn't do much unless under throttle?

As far as I know an ATB is a Torsen variant, depending on gear tooth numbers, helix angles and oil viscosity then they have different torque biasing characteristics. M-Factory are at Autosport Engineering next week so I'm going to pop along to their stand and see what info they'll share.

On 1/7/2016 at 8:56 PM, DanJ said:

As far as I know an ATB is a Torsen variant, depending on gear tooth numbers, helix angles and oil viscosity then they have different torque biasing characteristics. M-Factory are at Autosport Engineering next week so I'm going to pop along to their stand and see what info they'll share.

Spoke to the guys on the stand today, the M-Factory unit has greater torque bias capability (max 75% from one wheel to the other vs ~66% on the stock diff) and greater torque capacity overall.

I thought I had replied to this already...! Apologies. Basically what Dan stated above, plus we wanted to try one our for ourselves in order that we can give honest feedback on it for customers :)

If, for whatever reason we didn't prefer it, we still have the stock diff here too for backup :) 

The last few months have been spent mainly just using the car. Hence the lack of any real update!

We're still working on lots of ideas behind the scenes. We've also just ordered ourselves a 4 way laser alignment system which should be up and running within the next month, which ties in with some of our future plans nicely :) 

We've swapped our port injectors over from the DW700 to some Injector Dynamics ID850. We run ID injectors in both our Celica and our Starlet with great results and have decided to follow suit with the 86. We've upgraded our cooling system with one of our aluminium replacement radiators and are also working on our own breather tank system currently.

Largest bit of news is we've also secured ourselves a second engine which will be rebuilt in house with forged conrods and pistons, ARP fasteners and a few other goodies. Once that is ready to drop in we will then wind up the boost on our stock engine to find out on our particular rolling road what sorts of numbers we can maintain before it decides enough is enough. The rebuilt engine will then take its place and we can then run much more boost through the turbo kit and let it stretch its legs :)  Boost by gear will then be needed for certain! :lol:

More to follow :)

Thanks

Mike

Sounds great! I like the idea of turning boost up until you blow an engine on the dyno. 

But will that really prove anything? My engine blew at around 330hp. Sintered rods are a complete lottery. I know cars which have blown at 280hp and others which have safely ran 420hp for over a year. 

Which forged internals are you going for? 

More so monitoring the torque before it decides to throw its hand in Jay, not too worried about HP levels just trying to tailor the torque. It'll give us a good indication of where our 'safe' ballpark area is. Plus we would like the data from our own dyno as of course every brand of machine reads slightly differently :) 

More specs on the engine itself will follow in due course :) 

Mike

Plus then of course you can also offer a 'guaranteed blow-up-your-engine' package.

There might be a market for that... I'm thinking angry spouses for example...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A quick update, car is still running strong and we're mostly using 5psi currently with the current weather we've got. We've also got the catalogue of SPL arms waiting to be installed onto our car, which will be happening hopefully very shortly now that we have this installed and operating :) 

Alignment Rig 1.jpg

3D 4 Wheel Alignment system, flush mounted alignment scissor lift with front turnplates and rear skid plates. Complete with jacking beam and also scissor, within a scissor which makes lifting our particular car up much easier than our 2 posters :) 

SPL Rear Lower Titanium Camber Control Arms Subaru BRZ Toyota GT86.jpg

Quick shot of the rear camber arms from SPL, quality really is excellent. Looking forward to getting everything installed :) Pricing will be confirmed and added online once we've test fitted the set.

Thanks

Mike

We've just taken delivery of some more parts that we will be stocking in the UK from the guys at MTEC.

DSC_5809_zpsp6xtr8vw.jpg~original

Shifter Springs

Clutch Springs

Gearknobs

We will be adding to the website in the next day or so and will make a separate thread on this forum also with costings. As with everything else we offer, mail order or in house fitting will be available :)  Plenty of these are in stock with us now and we'll be also using a set ourselves.

Thanks

Mike

39 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

How does it change things?

It makes the shifter a lot 'Tighter' if that makes sense. I've got the clutch spring and shift springs and they make things a lot nicer when shifting. 

On 12/1/2016 at 10:23 AM, Varelco said:

Gives you more a 'rifle bolt' feel to the gear change :wub:

I'd agree with this. Installed a set today and I must admit it made a very noticeable improvement!

Impressed :) 

Thanks

Mike