tegunulgener

Help please...

@rob: I am trying to make it look awesome as I want to make something proper. Because of that I am being careful and taking my time.

@Keith: yes I can fit a proximity sensor but that would be dangerous in traffic. but i like the idea a lot...

apart from that, when I finish the project I am going to keep the moulds so I can make more whoever wants... ;)

Teg,

Have you ever done any moulding with resin before?  If not, you will find that you will end up with a LOT of micro-bubbles in the resin when you mix it with the catalyst.  

Two ways to deal with this:

1) Use a slow catalyst, and leave the resin to stand for long enough after mixing, before you pour it, to allow it to fully de-gas.

2) (The preferred way) Once mixed, de-gas the resin in a proper vacuum chamber.

Depending on where you live, I have the necessary equipment, and I am more than willing to help you.

Also, make sure you use UV stabilised epoxy resin, or you will find it yellowing with time.

Dave

I think it is uv stabilised resin. I'm not worried about bubbles because I'm going to use 2 moulds. This one is for hard surface. Then I'm going to use another layer for smooth surface which is silicone rubber mould. But pitman, thank you for your help. Honestly man, I'm in Southampton. I really needed those vacuum chamber today.