Sign in to follow this  
Twigman

iPod classic locked up.....

The other day I was using my iPod Classic in the 86.

It was playing when I switched the ignition off but when I switched the ignition back on the iPod refused to play.

The USB input selector was unavailable and the iPod itself had a Toyota logo displayed on it and OK to Disconnect displayed.

The iPod seemed dead...

Eventually I managed to revive the iPod by pressing the middle button and the top of the round bit simultaneously for a few seconds.

Is this because it was playing when I switched the ignition off?

Should i stop the iPod before switching the ignition off?

has anyone else experienced iPod lock up with their T&G HU?

umm i don't have an Ipod but i've never had to stop playing anything before switching the ignition off. That's just strange, Toyota logo displayed on the iPod? How did it manage that?

Toyota logo displayed on the iPod? How did it manage that?

Assume it displays when the HU is connected - can't say i'd noticed it before as it lives under the closed arm rest most of the time.

I use an iPod Touch all the time connected via the usb input to the standard T&G Head Unit (No Sat Nav)

When I turn the ignition off it pauses my iPod, when I turn the ignition on again it resumes from where it paused at Ignition off

I do sometimes see it lose the ability to control the iPod touch from the head unit, but if you start the track/playlist/podcast playing from the iPod itself it seems to play OK through the head unit again, but still might not let you control the iPod until you have disconnected and reconnected it again.

Never had the iPod itself lock up and don't understand where on earth it got a toyota logo from to display on the iPod, as generally its pretty hard to push things onto an iPod over the USB except via iTunes (yes I know there are utilities that let you do this, but its not like a USB drive where anything can just copy images/tracks on)

Alec

I have used the same iPod nano in about a dozen toyota cars in the last few years and when connected to the head unit via USB it always displays the Toyota logo on the nano screen.The control software in the Toyota audio head units or iPod connection kits are optimised for apple products.

Guest zen

Alec, it's more that the iPod Touch has more in common with an iPhone than and iPod classic/nano/etc. So they behave differently.

Z