33 minutes ago, tegunulgener said:

It's HKS headers I'm on now

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Is that 4-2-1 too or 4-1? If so why are you on this instead the H&S

No its not the reason. Crack been fixed by Mark and its solid. It's actually wasn't a crack. Weak welding point or something. It's solid and fine. Mark said something about cat and told me to buy HKS and I did.

The 4-1 design we fitted to Rob's car was designed for more top end driving, the lengths and diameters are tuned to give a bigger increase in the higher RPM band as the car already has plenty of low-end torque and Rob agreed that this would be the best option.

Just to clear a few things up;

We can design a 4-1 system to give a bigger advantage at a low-mid rpm by tuning the lengths and diameters it's not strictly true that a 4-1 system only increases top-end. A 4-1 manifold will give much bigger increase at one RPM point compared to a 4-2-1 which would give a milder performance increase at two separate rpm points so essentially across a wider RPM band.

You can tune 4-2-1 systems or stepped manifolds for high-end power too, but the increase is milder and across a slightly wider RPM band and generally not seen as advantageous on the road compared to a 4-1 manifold.

By running equal length primaries, you will also get a lift across the entire torque band too, as well as the RPM point where the lengths and diameters are tuned for unlike and un-equal length manifold, and with more effect than a 4-2-1 manifold.

The most important part really is the collector, this determines how much everything lifts by and how effective the primaries are, without a well designed collector, everything else is pointless (this is where most other manifold designers and manufacturers neglect).

Hope this was helpful and any other queries don't hesitate to ask away :)

No its not the reason. Crack been fixed by Mark and its solid. It's actually wasn't a crack. Weak welding point or something. It's solid and fine. Mark said something about cat and told me to buy HKS and I did.

H&S use the best quality german cats, so cant see them being an issue.

Did H&S decline to repair it for free? They come with lifetime warranty.

On 16/01/2017 at 9:47 AM, CGR Automotive said:

The most important part really is the collector, this determines how much everything lifts by and how effective the primaries are, without a well designed collector, everything else is pointless (this is where most other manifold designers and manufacturers neglect).

Hope this was helpful and any other queries don't hesitate to ask away :)

CGR, thanks for taking the time to explain things, much appreciated.

i don't quite understand how the collector can be as influential as the runner length/diameters etc in power generation. Is it that the turbelunce created by a poorly designed collector can be quite detrimental? 

Also, Rob, any dyno results yet?

On 22/01/2017 at 9:25 AM, Bfranklyn86 said:

CGR, thanks for taking the time to explain things, much appreciated.

i don't quite understand how the collector can be as influential as the runner length/diameters etc in power generation. Is it that the turbelunce created by a poorly designed collector can be quite detrimental? 

Also, Rob, any dyno results yet?

Basically having the right length and diameter primaries are pointless with a badly designed collector as it'll negate any positive effects that should be caused by the tuned runners.

If you look at our collectors the primaries always run parallel to each other before merging and normally they're very close together meaning the deflection between primary outlet and collector outlet is minimal meaning the velocity of gas leaving the collector is maximised and there's no resistance/back-pressure, plus the firing sequence is optimised in the collector which is something a lot of people/companies ignore for some reason.

@Bfranklyn86 Unfortunately we had some issues on the dyno, the car was losing power. I won't go in to too much detail just yet until we find out what the problem is exactly. Though we think we may know, we need to sort some time to test this theory.

Charlie picked up the car today to take it back to Sheffield to get the exhaust right as there's still some minor issues with it.

But before that I managed to finish off my false floor for the boot. With my sub mounted at the side of the boot and the EDFC motors it always proved tricky to get the boot lining out to reach underneath.

It now looks like this :)

d2df27a9e1dabd36077b8749dacbfbab.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Car looks great, so many nice parts. Also nice to see someone with the +oem audio kit over here, had my eyes on this kit months before I even got my car, glad to know they can ship it over here. B)

Also that whine from that Sprintex S/C is awesome, I really wanted to Sprintex S/C my Honda Civic ESI back in the day, sigh. :rolleyes: