Mark@Abbey M/S

BRZ/GT86 DE-CATTED STOCK MANIFOLD

Is it worth it?

I'd be more interested in performance gains over price... if it doesn't make any extra power, or fill in the infamous torque dip you could give them away free and I wouldn't be interested...!

Removing the front CAT will always make a gain as the stock CAT is restrictive; Steve's car with a stock exhaust wasnt that far from our Abbey Development car.

I not run one on a N/A yet but I am sure it will give a gain , hope to have some data very soon;

The one thing we did find out it doesn tmake the car obtrusive like the F20A manifold we have tried on a car.

Sideways, if you haven't bought an aftermarket manifold in over 2 years since you last asked the question, then you've wasted the last 2 years!!!

Fair point, although, in my defence, I haven't been able to justify (to SWMBO) spending money replacing perfectly serviceable parts while the warranty is still in place, and since I'll only get one shot - heaven forbid I pick the wrong manifold - I'll take as long as I need to make a decision :-P

Also, if anyone else was interested in having this done, I'm sure they'd like to know what they could expect for their money...

Lastly, tbh, I'd completely forgotten about this thread until the question of cost was brought up recently...

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, Sideways? said:

Fair point, although, in my defence, I haven't been able to justify (to SWMBO) spending money replacing perfectly serviceable parts while the warranty is still in place, and since I'll only get one shot - heaven forbid I pick the wrong manifold - I'll take as long as I need to make a decision :-P

By that justification, why modify any part of the car whatsoever? Aftermarket manifold gains are well documented and there's a host of options to choose from. And they don't impact the warranty on your car, loads of us with that sort of modification haven't had any issues getting warranty work done.

On 2014-1-6 at 0:48 PM, Sideways? said:

Is it worth it?

I'd be more interested in performance gains over price... if it doesn't make any extra power, or fill in the infamous torque dip you could give them away free and I wouldn't be interested...!

I had a de cat stock manifold put on when I got my sprintex kit put on. Can't tell you if it made a gain as it got tuned with the supercharger. But logic would say taking out a cat that far up the exhaust would certainly improve exhaust gas flow. Certainly heard it more also. This or a aftermarket exhaust over cost of gain I'm sure the results won't be that much between them and this would certainly be cheaper.