Mike@TD.co.uk

GT86/BRZ/FR-S Manifold/Headers From Tuning Developments

Afternoon all,

Most people are now aware the key to unlocking the torque dip has been the exhaust manifold, or headers if you're American :)

We have worked on our own manifold, which is stainless steel and manufactured here in the UK.

Fitment is excellent and this will fit with all OE intake parts, however, we would recommend a resonator delete as this is a little closer to the manifold than we would like for use. Stock air box is 100% superb fitment. From dyno testing so far, we're already well on the way to removing the torque dip completely and are gaining healthy horsepower and torque throughout the rev range! With the addition of exhaust system, this manifold and a remap (stock airbox at present) we're gaining circa 25bhp and 25lb.ft over standard trim on our own car. More testing to come with this shortly with an intake kit, then we'll be moving onto forced induction :)

We have the non-CAT versions available for sale now!

Prices:

Equal Length - Non-CAT £699.00

Unequal Length - Non-CAT £729.00

Either manifold can add an overpipe for £149.00, reduced from £165.00 when also taking a manifold.

If we have interest, we can run a group buy on these manifolds but would need 5 names or more, would get the price down to circa £650.00 inc VAT.

Couple of photos :)

Equal%20Length%20Exhaust%20Header%20Mani

Unequal%20Length%20Exhaust%20Header%20Ma

GT86BRZFRSHeadersManifold2_zps7257f5b5.j

GT86BRZFRSHeadersManifold_zps9a688281.jp

DSC_5595_zpsqvjkpvau.jpg~original

13126787_126236444446938_97946458_n.jpg

13129700_167566566979057_1789478526_n.jp

DSC_5610_zpsbwwmka9d.jpg~original

DSC_5600_zpsogqar3wn.jpg~original

DSC_5592_zpsrzwyxuit.jpg~original

Getting more and more people inquiring about the cost of going for the turbo kit at a later date with our manifold and remap...

If you're already running one of our manifolds and you have an ECUTeK license, the current cost to then go turbo is £3850.00 inc VAT.

Thanks

Mike

Kind regards,

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

But the HKS one is only £2k...!

*re-thinks tuning plan*

I'd be interested but I can't say when I would be in a position to purchase, price looks good and if (with more tweaking) you can improve the torque/power curve even further than the previous graphs on the other thread it is a very impressive development indeed!!

I'm having difficulty understanding how people are remaining MOT compliant with de-catted headers? I want more power and more noise but don't want the difficulties at MOT time every year. If you go de-cat with the manifold how are people getting past the MOT testers?

14 minutes ago, Sideways? said:

Because there is a second cat in the system in the front pipe...

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

So if you replace both how do you pass? Lots of people saying they have trouble passing the MOT with a high-flow cat front pipe unless you get it hotter than the fires of Mt Doom and yet so many people are doing it something must be ok?

Well, my understanding is that you only need one cat - standard or sports - to pass the MOT... I imagine the quality of the sports cat does have a bearing on how good it is though... Obviously if you remove both completely you'll never pass :-) but if you wanted a really loud car I'm sure you could keep your original front pipe and just change it every year for the MOT...

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Ok, so I need a front pipe with a decent sports cat. I have to go shopping. :D

The problem is the two main options (berk and cobra) both seem to need the hot as mount doom scenario to work 😢

5 minutes ago, Deacon said:

The problem is the two main options (berk and cobra) both seem to need the hot as mount doom scenario to work 😢

Rev the nuts of it on the way to the tester? 

Yup, I'm the same as above. Waiting to understand the optimum combination of exhaust bits that maximises flow without crossing your fingers at MOT time. Still not seen a definitive answer anywhere. Bound to be a compromise one way or another.

Suppose one option is catless manifold (as per TDs offering) and keep stock second cat. Would it pass MOT? No idea...

12 minutes ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Yes that does work (that's what I ended up doing), and don't forget the 2nd cat is the most restrictive (If I remember right)

Nope, I thought the manifold one was. That's if they aren't both the same flow rate (400cpi).

Like I suspected... Many answers :-D

There is the other thought that if the car could pass emissions regs without two fairly restrictive cats in the exhaust strangling the power, and by all accounts causing the torque dip and the only real whinges you hear about the car in reviews, then why would Toyota have fitted them in the first place?

(By the way - I know we're slightly going OT here, but I've see TDs manifolds - they're quality kit, so where better to discuss manifolds than here. :-D )