Deacon

Deacons '86

Looks like good gains there, and well done for winning it as a prize, that saved you a lot of money! I must admit i've never used the launch control. I cant really see it being useful very often. Flat foot shifting is very useful.

Awesome stuff Jeff!  How long did the mapping and stuff take?  That is one hell of a prize and well deserved, you were quick my friend.....that was such an awesome day!

Deacon, that's impressive for n/a wheels... well done Mark !

And I do like your choice of maps.. I'll be very interested to hear your feedback after you've got used to Map 3.. rev blipping and flat foot shifting are 'standard' on the auto and it was, to my mind, an 'ace in the hole' compared to manual.. looks like we've lost that advantage... :(

Spec K

Cheers! Will post up some thoughts when I've had a play.

Looks like good gains there, and well done for winning it as a prize, that saved you a lot of money! I must admit i've never used the launch control. I cant really see it being useful very often. Flat foot shifting is very useful.

Cheers! Yeah I was very glad / lucky to win it as it was next on my mods to do list.

Decent gains there. Bit of a result winning that as a prize. :)

Think my HKS oil will be going in at the 30K service in a month or so.

Thank you!

Awesome stuff Jeff!  How long did the mapping and stuff take?  That is one hell of a prize and well deserved, you were quick my friend.....that was such an awesome day!

Cheers Keith! It was a great day and I was very lucky to get that prize. I was at Abbey for about four hours ish.

Looks much better! :)

Your winters must be great. I'm finding switching to the Primacys has made the steering feel far more accurate. I can read much better what the car is doing. In a way the winters were quite grippy when the temperature was in single figures, but there was less feel so I found it harder to judge. 

My tyres do have a little bit of stretch, that should have stiffened the sidewall up a tad, so it may help with the more direct steering feel I'm getting. 

Sorry I missed to you today Deacon, shame you couldn't stick around a lil longer! How you finding the Whiteline gearbox bush? Good huh?

I'm a bit jury's still out to be honest. Never really had any complaints about my gearbox after about a 1000 miles so apart from quite a lot of extra NVH I'm not sure it adds that much for me.

The gearbox bush doesn't really solve any issues, it just enhances the feel of the gear stick slotting into position in a more positive fashion, but you'll have to really give it some to really notice the difference, normal driving or while stationary won't really feel any different.

Couple of updates.

Ordered and fitted the TRD door stabiliser kit. Difference is small but noticeable - car definitely seems a little sharper

20140914_122005_Hagrid.jpg

Also fitted a HT Autos front lip spoiler (thanks to the respective owners for the pics from the Gaydon meet)

IMG_99512365977854_Hagrid_Film.jpg

2pouuck_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

Excuse my stupidity, but can you please explain what the door stabiliser kit actually does.

Thanks

Excuse my stupidity, but can you please explain what the door stabiliser kit actually does.

Thanks

There's a video here:-

TRD Door Stabilizer: http://youtu.be/0c1BuzJhZuo

It doesn't make a massive difference but I could feel a difference after fitting it - turn in definitely felt sharper and more responsive. Co-ordsport on the other forum had them on offer - I'm not sure if they have any left?

Had the oil leak finally properly sorted by Rich and the team at RRG. I also had the rusty side glasses replaced. While they had my car Rich also fitted the master cylinder brace I had:-

20141030_150749_Hagrid_Black.jpg

20141030_150808_Hagrid_Clean.jpg

Seems a worthwhile pocket money mod.

It's the beatrush one. I got it from eBay - think it was £30 delivered. Seems like a worthwhile pocket money mod - firms the brake pedal up a little and improves the brake feel.