Deacon

Deacons '86

3 minutes ago, shiftspark said:

Yes at RRG how longs yours there for ? mines gone in for P000C fault. only had a quick look as had to get back home as Mrs shiftspark was taking me home.

It's up for the week.

New gearknob arrived today.

IMG_20170320_171242_Hagrid_Black.jpg

Can't decide now if I'd prefer it without the oval around and with the bat in black with the shift pattern left red?

I think you might be right but would need to see it. Photoshop?

8 minutes ago, Ade said:

I think you might be right but would need to see it. Photoshop?

This is a version they did for me with the new batman logo but I wanted the old to match the other badges on the car.

Screenshot_20170320-171057_01.png

Just now, Lauren said:

Very boudoir! Mark will love it. Surprised you didn't go for the full boudoir spec with the red seats. ;)

They didn't exist when I bought mine or I would of!

Just now, Ade said:

Nice! Im trying to decide between red or black alcantara too...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've always liked a red interior with a black car so had to be really. Lifts the inside too I think although I know it's not to all tastes!

8 minutes ago, Ade said:

Looks good. Why was it a git?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The main problem was printing the template out to the correct scale to be honest. I also had problem with one hole not quite lining up properly and needing to be taken out a little.

I also weighed the HKS Spec-L exhaust ahead of fitting it tomorrow. It came out as 10.7kg. I seem to remember stock being around 20kg so a useful saving, even if it is at the back which isn't the greatest place for it.

Fitted the exhaust and Valenti centre light today with the help of @will300

IMG_20170402_150330_Anne_Clean_01_1.jpg

Exhaust went on pretty easily - the rear hangers were the worst part. Valenti light was a bugger though as we had real problems removing the stock light.

In terms of the volume I was a bit concerned how it'd end up combined with the manifold but I needn't have worried it's pretty much as I'd hoped - quiet. I'll add some videos when I can but if you think OEM style sports exhaust you'd pretty much be there. I'll definitely have no trouble with any track noise limits.

Some more goodies arrived today.

I'm not very keen on having to pop out the bumper tow hooks covers when I go on track (I'm quite clumsy and know it won't be long before I gouge out half the bumper trying to get them out!). So, to address this, I've got hold of a front and rear tow hook and replacement bumper tow covers which I plan to drill and grommet so that the tow hooks can remain installed on the car.

IMG_20170404_162727_Hagrid_Black.jpg

If anyone has any genius suggestions as to how to establish exactly where the holes in the bumper covers need drilling I'm all ears!

Only thing i can think of is to drill a small pilot hole first and then you can see how far off from that the full size hole needs to be.

Maybe worth getting some threaded studding you can wind in to make the measurement easier.