It's been almost 10 days to have this. Car has 11000 miles on the clock and been serviced at 10500. There was no noise when it's been in service. This problem started recently. However there is no problem with acceleration or pull (or I don't feel it)

Have a feeling that is HPFP... Some says even if it's been replaced still there will be a problem after all...

First, I noticed in the car. Recorded eventually.

Especially the noise in the car, is it because of the chirping?

Yeah, I had that, first the chirping, then on the odd occasion, I had the weirder noise in the cabin like in your video, especially when it was extra hot like when I was on a trackday.  After the dealer changed the valve thingy, I've not had it back yet, but yes, I've read from others that this eventually returned for them.  If it's really bothering you, you should take it to the dealers and have them change it, I'm sure they've got a bulletin notice for it now.

If it is not going to be harmful I think I can live with it just because it will come back again. If it is going to cause of further damage then I will take it to the dealer/service. If I modify the car it will be out of warranty so I have be sure it is not going to cause of any further (and obviously expensive additional) damage

If it is not going to be harmful I think I can live with it just because it will come back again. If it is going to cause of further damage then I will take it to the dealer/service. If I modify the car it will be out of warranty so I have be sure it is not going to cause of any further (and obviously expensive additional) damage

Modifying the car will not ruin your warranty, only the part you replaced. They need to prove the mod was the cause of the issue for them to not warrant the car.

I should have mentioned that I didn't even request mine to be changed, they just did it for me when my stock exhaust was rattling, they found it to be a problem and swapped in a new one.  I'd just notify them and tell them that your car is currently not modified and that this is occurring, but tell them that it's not a major issue for you and you can wait till your next service or something.  So like Rob said, your warranty is only void on the parts that have been modified, so if you are looking at or have changed the exhaust, this will not affect the warranty to replace this valve chirping issue which is based around your engine.  Same with simply changing the air filter, most dealers should have enough sense to know what mods could have caused whatever issue you may have got and if in doubt, go to a dealer who is an enthusiast like RRG Macclesfield or any other dealer that has signed up to any of these forums as they will all know that the chirping is a standard issue and not affect by any mods! 

Mark didn't say like that... He said it will be out of warranty? (I mean engine mods on here exhaust, map etc)

If your engine blows up they cannot really blame it on an exhaust, they certainly cant accuse an exhaust of creating a chirp. Map maybe but they cannot see it is mapped and it can be un-mapped anyway. If you stick a Supercharger or Turbo on, then obviously that is a different story..

Ok spoken to the service manager today and he is also confirmed that it is HPFP and it is not harmful. Also I told him for my upgrade plan and he is also confirmed that mods are not going to void the warranty but the modified parts so Rob, you are right and I am happy again...

Ok spoken to the service manager today and he is also confirmed that it is HPFP and it is not harmful. Also I told him for my upgrade plan and he is also confirmed that mods are not going to void the warranty but the modified parts so Rob, you are right and I am happy again...

You will probably find your dealer will love the mods you do. I had a nice conversation with the service guys who seemed genuinely interested and even took pictures of the damage my mods caused  :lol:  (nothing lasting) but that's for another day.

I guess they are interested in really. He started smiling with big eyes after I explained what am I planning for the car. Now let's back to the noise. I was talking to Mark@AbbeyMotorSports and he suggested me to check the engine oil. Car been serviced about 600 miles - 2 weeks ago. And I know that engine oil been replaced. I opened the bonnet and checked the oil. I am in shock. Is that normal?

Cold reading before engine started in the morning

Posted Image

Dunno, but I was really shocked, I had my car serviced at the end of June, gave them the oil which they used up and 3 months later when I got my exhaust fitted, one of Mark's fellas check my oil at it was at minimum mark  :o  I had the car for about 9 months and it used hardly a drop, then after a service, only 3 months later and I was at bare minimum........should we be worried?

I did double check, drove all the way home from Mark's place and waited 20mins before re-checking and again, it was mega low for me, I do need to check again now that it's been a couple of weeks.

The only reason I checked the oil because Mark told me regarding to the engine noise. I wonder if it's related to that. Been to dealer and the guy at service told me the level is correct as two sides of the stick shows different and he also said he would take the side one showing more. What I wonder here is if the chirping noise and strange in-car noise related to the oil. I checked the user manual but it doesn't say anything about the stick and the both sides. It shows one standard reading. I don't mind low level oil as if the light is not on the there is no problem but if the noise is related to low oil then I want to top it up. However which reading that I should take notice? I know that car is not leaking nor is it burning oil. I checked the oil regularly first few months the level was very stable and level was few mm under the high dot.

You should take the side showing the higher level. I have a question regarding the video, is the noise in the car the same thing or different? As i have the chirping under the engine but it doesn't sound like that inside.

Was your aircon on?

No, air con and heater etc everything was off. That noise started about 10 days ago. Before that I didn't even know that engine was chirping. I actually realised engine is chirping coincidentally when I was trying to record the noise. I did n't understand your question. I trimmed the video but in-car noise and engine bay noise I am not sure if they are related. I recorded the video then I trimmed it before Ipost it as wwe don't need to see open the bonnet door etc part... If you mean that but it is the same moment of the noise.

Ok well from my point of view these two noises are not related... But videos can be misleading and the noises sound different to in person. I only say they are not related as I do not have that sound inside my car, although listening to it I'm sure i did get it once but then not again. Does it do it all the time for you?

Not in cold start but after a while. If the engine is warm it doesn't do it straight away but in few minutes. I can not hear it when I'm driving but only in idling. I believe the noises in-car and chirping engine are not the same as sounds different to me but maybe related I don't know that however I assure you that is what I hear in person.

I thought you had to go with the lowest dipstick reading as the dipstick ends up at a slight angle, so the higher reading isn't that correct no?

Again, I'm pretty sure they are related as I no longer have either noise after my dealer swapped in a new valve, and you can just about tell that they're the same type of noise and same rhythm, just a slightly different tone.