rob275

Rob got a new toy

I've wanted to get one for ages, a machine polisher :)

I went for the DAS 6 Pro, good reviews and also got a couple of polishing compounds also along with a new claybar (I seem to go through these so fast with 4 cars of the driveway) and masking tape. Build quality seems good so I just need some reasonable weather to have a play with it. I'll write up a review when I do and how I find it and a few guides to fill this section up to help anyone out if they fancy catching the detailing bug and giving their car a good clean once or twice a year also.

I got it from http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk , I use them for all my products, never fail on delivery and have a wide range of products.

I got the following package, http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-intro-kit/prod_720.html

Contains two menzerna polishes, one cutting compound and one finishing compound and three pads, Soft, Medium and Hard. I'm going to be using the Medium. I have some paint defects, but they aren't that drastic. And i will use the soft pad for finishing.

Posted Image

Purchased glass polish/sealant and paint sealant today all in all £120 worth of goodies. Hoping to tackle this next weekend as unfortunately it's going to be raining this weekend by the looks of things.

So these are the bits i got,

Gtechniq P4 Panel wipe to remove polish residues after my correction polish to prep the paint for C1 Bonding

post-2-0-71898800-1395421007_thumb.jpg

Gtechniq G4 Glass Polish

Gtechniq G1 Glass Coating

Gtechniq G2 Residue Remover

Gtechniq C1 Nano Coating

Sonus Clay Lube (I seem to go through lube like it's going out of fashion, no rude comments please Keith)

Iron.X... Never used before, but heard good things.

And some microfibres to get the job done :)

post-2-0-96980400-1395421008_thumb.jpg

I haven't buddy but you can't go wrong with any gtechniq stuff it's impressive stuff. The C1 cost me £70 for 50ml, to be honest the only reason i didn't get C5 aswell is my wheels are kerbed and need a refurb and will be getting new ones soon anyway..

Good man, G|Techniq is the dog's danglies.

I've got some C5 but as my wheels are fubar :angry:  at the moment, I haven't had chance to use it fml. 

I had it sealed with C1 when I got it, only started to wear off just recently, still beads well though.

I was going to do it, but for a Gtechniq detail you're looking at £450+,I figured it'd be cheaper to do it myself..

I'm polishing both mine and my sisters car, If it all goes well I'll happily polish peoples cars on here if you don't want the extortionate prices people charge.

I stuck G1 on all my windows, the glass kit doesn't come with G5 so used all of the G1. It also meant the application time was right between each coat by going around the car  :D