Mark-in-Stoke

Marks Mods

another option would be the bottom bar, but have it slightly angled back to reduce the amount of blockage to the IC

(quick 2 second photoshop, would look a little better IRL)

numplate.jpg

Looks alright, though shame it doesn't really integrate in that you need a seperate remote. I think you probably can improve it further with a better aerial. There are some areas near-ish Leek that I note to be devoid of any DAB signal, so I'm guessing it's a bit patchy round Baddeley.  I was using Richard's 2017 demonstrator with DAB a couple of weeks ago and I noted that the signal dropped out in all the same places that my Alpine unit with DAB does. Macc though is utter shite when it comes to DAB.  I have a screen mounted aerial, not sure if the latest model GT has a screen DAB aerial or whether it's integrated into the rear aerial though. 

yeah i agree about it being fully integrated but the little remote is fine and fits snugly just below the air con controls. With regards to the aerials the window sticky ones are cheap and cheerful, the more expensive shark fin are much better and the bee stings are the best, have a look 

http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/DAB_car_aerials.html#IGM

and reception with better aerials

Aerial%20comparision%20_2011%20copy.gif

Yeah, I can see the difference. I think it depends where you live. For the most part I have no problem which is probably why I've not bothered changing my aerial. I admit, if I ever have to drive Leek way then I just put an album on as the drop out from Boseley to Leek is annoying. 

8 minutes ago, Lowe said:

Personally I can't deal with DAB - the loss of quality over FM does my nut in. :(

I thought it was the other way round? I've not listened to FM for years though. Also I only listen to 6 Music which is DAB only. 

35 minutes ago, Lowe said:

Personally I can't deal with DAB - the loss of quality over FM does my nut in. :(

If the channels I liked were on FM I wouldn't have needed DAB, and I have noticed some channels are better than others, luckily the ones I like are really good.

18 minutes ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

If the channels I liked were on FM I wouldn't have needed DAB, and I have noticed some channels are better than others, luckily the ones I like are really good.

Win win then. No point for me - can’t hear it over my gearbox 😂

1 minute ago, Lowe said:

Win win then. No point for me - can’t hear it over my gearbox 😂

Change your exhaust, decat, manifold and put a better sound system in. You really won't notice any noise from the Whiteline gearbox void bush then! :P

57 minutes ago, Lauren said:

I thought it was the other way round? I've not listened to FM for years though. Also I only listen to 6 Music which is DAB only. 

That was the theory, however as ever the UK implementation of the technology is cr*p. The bitrate for quite a few stations is 64kbps mono using a MP2 codec. The best is Radio 3 which is 160. The primary advantage is the choice - there’s many more stations than FM, but the payoff is in quality. Luckily for Mark he’s got the best of both worlds - winning 👍🏻

I guess it's much the same for me as I can't get 6 Music on FM anyway. Fortunately the DAB quality is very good, but I suspect that BBC National DAB fares better than some other stations. 

Well the bumper is finally finished, apart from the badge which is off to get powder coated, i've decided to leave the bumper fully red and forget about the TRD black bit's

brilliant!!, won't allow me to add pic's or delete old one's